Lt. Commander
# 11 I agree
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM
100% agree for the first post. I hope the dev spend some time giving the other side a chance to play. And as for the PVE its a JOKE. so damn boring and it fails as noted 50% of the time. I'm just wasting my time i feel. I dont even feel entertained. Its just click click click and I hope the mission completes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
what would the klingings here say to the following? i have 2 things that might help our situation a bit.

1. even if we cant go in to the fed space, we could meet with a klingon ship to do a mission in fed space. for example, all fedrats know that mission where LT Paris needs your help to rescue the federation ambassador... i hope. make a klingon mission that your job is to go and subdue that same ambassador! it would use the same level, reskin the NPC's. part of your mission could be to set the spatial charges and then capture the ambassador. when you are finished, youe 'superior' you met with in klingon space to start the mission beams down, takes over and sends you on your way, maybe with a gear reward. even better, you could kidnap Lt. Paris and turn her over to B`Vat!!! at least on early player levels, the instances are already made, just a little skinning and dialog writing.

this would also tie in federation and kingon PVE in nicely with each other.

2. for klingon pvp, have you choose a house faction either via a quest chain (changeable after a time limit) or if you are part of a fleet, the fleet leadership decides (klingon fleets could be seen a another house supporting duras or martok). have a statsitics page that is viewable with things like total kills, total deaths, total victories, total damage, total healing and maybe averages for a set time period (let us say a week) when the server goes down for regular maintenance, a banner could be hung in the great hall on Qonos indicating the winner for that time period, house of duras or house of martok. as a reward for victory, the winning side could get a buff of (spoils for the victor!) effectively a reduced price item from the exploration stores on qonos or PVP stores on that outpost that i cant remember the name of right now. at higher levels it might take 1 mark of exploration or mark of honor of the cost of an item (limited time after winning it to cash it in)

this could be applied to fed vs klingon as well and take more a a fleet action flavor. feds, if they win, could get "peace has been assured" buff and kilngons could get "spoils of war." for whatever time frame these run on, or number of matches, the victor gets 3 reduced price purchases.

now if the statistics are tracked like i suggested, it would give a tool to see how changes made to the game affect overall gameplay. to illustrate, they change a value on fed cruisers. when that change goes live, fed deathrates drop and victories go up exponentially. that could be an indicator that the change to fed cruisers is bugged. BUT DONT PUNISH THE WINNING SIDE CAUSE A CHANGE WAS FOUND TO BE UNBALANCING.

thie pvp idea would give a RP reason to PVP and bragging rights. furthermore, you could allow multiple levels with in a range to participate (cmdr5 to RAdm5 for example). the mechanic could be straight battle with a limited number of reinforcements (think old school firearms from the original half life). you could advertise the battle as every so often, or when a certain number of people que for it, or a combination. there could even be designated ceasefires as a galactic event that effects all players (like the borg attack at the end of head start)

if a third faction ever enters (cough cough, knock on wood) then same could go with them.

i dont know if these 2 ideas would help with pvp and klink pve but who knows

******* disclaimer *******
the idea of taking fed pve missions that involve klingons and have klingon players do missions to "set up the fed scenario" was not originally my idea. i read it in another forum and will post his/her name when i find it again.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribblerancher View Post
what would the klingings here say to the following? i have 2 things that might help our situation a bit.

1. even if we cant go in to the fed space, we could meet with a klingon ship to do a mission in fed space. for example, all fedrats know that mission where LT Paris needs your help to rescue the federation ambassador... i hope. make a klingon mission that your job is to go and subdue that same ambassador! it would use the same level, reskin the NPC's. part of your mission could be to set the spatial charges and then capture the ambassador. when you are finished, youe 'superior' you met with in klingon space to start the mission beams down, takes over and sends you on your way, maybe with a gear reward. even better, you could kidnap Lt. Paris and turn her over to B`Vat!!! at least on early player levels, the instances are already made, just a little skinning and dialog writing.

this would also tie in federation and kingon PVE in nicely with each other.

2. for klingon pvp, have you choose a house faction either via a quest chain (changeable after a time limit) or if you are part of a fleet, the fleet leadership decides (klingon fleets could be seen a another house supporting duras or martok). have a statsitics page that is viewable with things like total kills, total deaths, total victories, total damage, total healing and maybe averages for a set time period (let us say a week) when the server goes down for regular maintenance, a banner could be hung in the great hall on Qonos indicating the winner for that time period, house of duras or house of martok. as a reward for victory, the winning side could get a buff of (spoils for the victor!) effectively a reduced price item from the exploration stores on qonos or PVP stores on that outpost that i cant remember the name of right now. at higher levels it might take 1 mark of exploration or mark of honor of the cost of an item (limited time after winning it to cash it in)

this could be applied to fed vs klingon as well and take more a a fleet action flavor. feds, if they win, could get "peace has been assured" buff and kilngons could get "spoils of war." for whatever time frame these run on, or number of matches, the victor gets 3 reduced price purchases.

now if the statistics are tracked like i suggested, it would give a tool to see how changes made to the game affect overall gameplay. to illustrate, they change a value on fed cruisers. when that change goes live, fed deathrates drop and victories go up exponentially. that could be an indicator that the change to fed cruisers is bugged. BUT DONT PUNISH THE WINNING SIDE CAUSE A CHANGE WAS FOUND TO BE UNBALANCING.

thie pvp idea would give a RP reason to PVP and bragging rights. furthermore, you could allow multiple levels with in a range to participate (cmdr5 to RAdm5 for example). the mechanic could be straight battle with a limited number of reinforcements (think old school firearms from the original half life). you could advertise the battle as every so often, or when a certain number of people que for it, or a combination. there could even be designated ceasefires as a galactic event that effects all players (like the borg attack at the end of head start)

if a third faction ever enters (cough cough, knock on wood) then same could go with them.

i dont know if these 2 ideas would help with pvp and klink pve but who knows

******* disclaimer *******
the idea of taking fed pve missions that involve klingons and have klingon players do missions to "set up the fed scenario" was not originally my idea. i read it in another forum and will post his/her name when i find it again.
That sounds pretty good
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
another problem which ive encountered is the klingon exploration quests very rarely give xp on completion (just credit towards 3 explored) esp in comparison to the fed ones
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2010, 06:38 PM
There's really only ONE problem - Cryptic doesn't really care about Klingons. Solve that and the rest are solved.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Icenica has made some good points, all of them valid.
Unfortuante the Klingons are just considered a "compliment" to the primary focuse of thise game, The Federation, to most.
It would be nice to have the same kind of storyline missions, loot drops, crafting abilities, ship selections and uniform options the Feds have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Since I have nothing else to do right now, I thought I spam my demand for another KDF sector block and some systems here.

KDF space is very very small. Even Cardassian space is bigger, I see 3 sector blocks marked with a brown border, so I assume that space is reserved for a future faction. Cardassia lost the Dominion War (more than anyone) and has some real issues with the True Way now. Also, some of their systems went to the Breen in the last months of the war, and it is unlikely they simply returned the territory to Cardassia later. The Breen came out of the war with less damage than the Cardassians, didn't have to fight in their space (still have their shipyards and all)... And after all that, the Cardassians still have a bigger territory than the Klingons? Makes no sense.

The Klingon Empire just won some conflicts (and possibly territories, like Gorn space) and is in a very strong position. Ok, Nausicaans have no space except some asteroid belts (these have to be somewhere, too). So where is a KDF controlled former-Gorn sector? The Orions are allied with the Klingons, yet there is nothing indicating this in the Fed Orion sector. Put Orion on the map and make it a PvP zone or something. There is only the Risa Sector between Orion and KDF space, its not too far out to say Klingons could have a supply line there and pass the Fed territory under cloak. The DSE Klingon ships somehow reach the Vulcan sector, too.

During the war between Klingon Empire and Cardassia, the Klingons captured several systems and never gave them up after the war. Cardassia was in no position to take them back. The Federation protested long before the Dominion War, and the Klingons didn't care; so why would they care after the war? In other words, that's a canon reason for a Klingon sector block near the Cardassian border. Would also make a good PvP zone once there is a Cardassian faction; with an in-build conflict/story. As long as there is no Cardassian faction, its a good place for a fleet action to defend/capture a colony or even give the Klingons own DSEs with True Way ships. *gasp*
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Probably beating a dead horse on this, and who knows if the devs will decide to respond to our requests, but I have a few issues other then the ones already stated:

1) I agree with OP on the fact that ship customization on KDF side is a joke, some of these ships look like too much bloodwine was consumed at the Qo'nos fleet yards during their construction, lol.

2) Why aren't the worlds we conquered like gorn not in the game, why is Ty'Gokor not in the game, i get it Qo'nos is the homeworld and we have gandola, but feds have starbase sierra, DS9, and the sol starbase, balancewise why dont we have Ty'Gokor?

3) Back to ship customization and options, specially at T5, why is it Fed battlecruisers have more tactical BOFFs then Klingons? Feds are explorers and are supposed to be about peace, why are the greatest warriors the quadrant have every seen handicapped with only 1 tac BoFF slot? That has been my main complaint and why I dont really enjoy flying a Klingon cruiser over my BOP, 1 LT tac slot is kind of unbecomming of a klingon warship. I've campaigned hard to get the chancellor class variant added to the game but there seems to be a lack of interest(and I can accept that, if people dont want it obviously they are not going to add it just to satisfy me) but the klingons need upgraded warships, we are fighting the borg!

I get it this is a fed dominated game, Star trek always was, never saw them come up with a Klingon spin off and that is cool, but devs need to realize there is another faction here too, I think the feds are more then set up with content for now to justify spending more time on the klingon side, after all we had to be a fed first just to get to the klingon side, and I think it is reasonable to think that a klingon side with more content will attract more players to this side and make it worth cryptic's time. I like that you have added star clusters just so I dont have to keep blowing away the same 16 squadrons of cardassians or borg just to get exploration points, and there is at least some kind of randomness to the missions.

And lastly, for all the klingons out there, get vocal in the forums, it is the only way we have a chance to make our voices heard, speak your mind, we are klingons after all, and when's the last time you've seen a shy klingon?!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
The last shy Klingon I saw was probably Alexander.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
lol yep, but he was raised by humans, and didnt even like being a klingon until maybe when he was older.