Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto-Self Cast Modifier
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
If it's already been discussed, sorry I did a search but didn't find anything.

Please add an auto-selfcast modifer. I just did infected and it was really annoying targetting myself to heal when the queen wasn't targetting me. The borg adds were shooting me and so I had to heal myself manually with F1 then spend a good 10 seconds trying to click on the queen while she was flying all over the place like a hummingbird on crack. Was longer trying to cycle through all the adds with tab too.

While I'm here, /sign on a simple macro system too. I don't mean something as complicated at WoW's LUA scrpiting, but something like wow's basic macro system would be really nice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Have not tried it but you can keybind commands and also combinations of commands.
Should be possible to make a keybind with a target Rebecca command and also a keybind with a target_self combined with a TrayExecByTray command.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druuna
Have not tried it but you can keybind commands and also combinations of commands.
Should be possible to make a keybind with a target Rebecca command and also a keybind with a target_self combined with a TrayExecByTray command.
But you'll need another button on your UI to do that...

I support self cast modifier button idea!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Why not just turn off the "assist your target's target" option, so that you heal/buff yourself unless you're targeting an ally specifically?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
Why not just turn off the "assist your target's target" option, so that you heal/buff yourself unless you're targeting an ally specifically?
Mine it's turned off. But I may need to heal myself while I'm monitoring an Ally.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Well that's a different problem then the OP's!

I'd still have to ask if it's needed based on this, as we only have 4 heals anyways, 3 of which I'd deem on a long cooldown, meaning that while monitoring your ally you don't necessarily need to have them targeted.

I'm not against it, I just think their time could be better spent on other issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismi
But you'll need another button on your UI to do that...
No, it's the same button you allready have.

It's circumstantial but STO has a bulky macro system, difference is that macros are always bound to key-bindings, not to buttons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
Well that's a different problem then the OP's!

I'd still have to ask if it's needed based on this, as we only have 4 heals anyways, 3 of which I'd deem on a long cooldown, meaning that while monitoring your ally you don't necessarily need to have them targeted.

I'm not against it, I just think their time could be better spent on other issues.
It's not a "I-will-stop-playing-if-they-dont-fix-this-issue" but it's a adition to the game. I don't know if I became too spoiled by WoW healing addons or healing is not a big deal in STO. Selecting targets to heal while trying to do some DPS is really hard and if I have to lose those targets to heal myself I could kill someone.

I dont think that make 4 macros, one for each type of heal, for healing myself without losing my focus is the best solution for this issue. It will do for the moment but I reallysupport the self cast modifier.