Lt. Commander
# 21
04-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
The queues should just work like WoW, where people are matched up according to premade vs. premade, pug vs. pug and teams are matched generally gear-wise.
yes,. this.

Thank you for understanding.

This has been done in many games successfully.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
yeah, I read your post. It was great. I agree it would be hard to measure the value of what a capture point is worth. Maybe if there are 1200 total points in capture and your captures are responsible for say 600 points / number of people involved in capture, then it could be a mathematical bonus to your overall score... the added value of the overall performance.
Thanks for the feedback.

But please post all feedback in that thread. It keeps it concentrated and easier to use.

Also, posts of support in that thread are more tangible and easier to show to the DEVs.

Just in case anyone missed it, here is a link to the thread explaining how to make a better matchmaking system (click me!).
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Thanks for the feedback.

But please post all feedback in that thread. It keeps it concentrated and easier to use.

Also, posts of support in that thread are more tangible and easier to show to the DEVs.

Just in case anyone missed it, here is a link to the thread explaining how to make a better matchmaking system (click me!).
done and posted
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
See, the only thing I understand in your post are the two following things.

1) QQ

2) That you say "I'm a casual player and don't want to fight against people who do this for a living because they are ruining my experience of the game! Please make it so I don't have to fight them anymore if I don't want to".

I would think that fighting superior opponent(s) would make you reconsider tactics and skill sets in an effort to become better. At least, that's the though process I go through when my ass is handed to me.

Instead, you accused all premade groups of being nothing more than no-life bullies intent on ruining experience for everyone else just for the sake of ego-stroking and self worth.

Since you are so keen on using real life examples. If you were a member of a militia, would you disobey your CO if he ordered you to take on trained soldiers and not enemy militia instead?

I don't even care if I am still missing your point.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Ipigi

lol, pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Ipigi

lol, pathetic.
Exacly why I have no respect for you and other federation players who QQ on the forums about OP-this and OP-that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Just wanted to chime in here in an effort to bring some clarity to the argument.

The above posts seem to describe -symptoms- of the problem, not the actual problem or its cause.

The problem is 'imbalanced' win:loss ratios (i.e., not 1:1).

The cause is poor matchmaking, because there is no implemented system yet that can 1) evaluate 'skill' (in terms of output) of players, and 2) remember that evaluation and rate different players accordingly (in order to match up similarly rated players).

My solution is linked above, and in my signature. Check it out. Comment on it. Let's get enough support to escalate it. We need this.
See, Matt has a way with words. Instead of QQ, I read an actual issue that I can agree with.

Jaruslothran, if instead of accusing every premade group ever created of being in here just to ruin everyone else's day, how about you try and not alienate people right off the bat.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipigi
Exacly why I have no respect for you and other federation players who QQ on the forums about OP-this and OP-that.

See, Matt has a way with words. Instead of QQ, I read an actual issue that I can agree with.

Jaruslothran, if instead of accusing every premade group ever created of being in here just to ruin everyone else's day, how about you try and not alienate people right off the bat.
Once again, you have read into something that I have not said. But that is ok.

You can't grasp what I wrote. I blame either genetics or the educational system.

Don't worry.. I don't really blame you.

Also one of Matt's solutions is the same as I have suggested... which you still have missed...but others on this posting have understood.

Sigh
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I think his point is, their should be different ques for pugs and premades. 99% of pugs just don't compare to premades so there should be 2 different types of pvp. Like in WoW where you have regular battlegrounds for the average people and arena's for the organized premade players.

He's actually for what you and I want Ipigi, you just are reading something different from his post.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Once again, you have read into something that I have not said. But that is ok.

You can't grasp what I wrote. I blame either genetics or the educational system.

Don't worry.. I don't really blame you.

Also one of Matt's solutions is the same as I have suggested... which you still have missed.

Sigh
Only thing I noticed is how rapidly resort to personal insults when your point of view is threatened. What do you know of my education level or my lineage?

You made your point of view clear from the start, in both this thread and in the name the player thread. You think premade groups are a plague that ruin the game for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashnar
I think his point is, their should be different ques for pugs and premades. 99% of pugs just don't compare to premades so there should be 2 different types of pvp. Like in WoW where you have regular battlegrounds for the average people and arena's for the organized premade players.

He's actually for what you and I want Ipigi, you just are reading something different from his post.
Yes. I was laying out a scenario using real world sports to try to relate to those against dividing the pvp queues in this way. You can't have a pro football team take on the guys in the park and expect them to want to participate any more.

That is all... it is not complex.

Premades get to fight other Premades and have more real challenges and fun

Pugs get to fight Pugs and have more fun too

What is the downside to this?