Lt. Commander
# 81
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GATEGOD View Post
I find it sad that so many people are complaining about the council... because they are jealous that they aren't a part of it.
Taxation, modification without proper representation is not right. I do not feel an advisory council represents my interests or opinions, that is why I have always been opposed to the very poorly rolled out program. I believe this horse is dead, and I think Cryptic should stop dragging it behind the carriage.
Lt. Commander
# 82
06-02-2010, 10:52 AM
My only concern about this council, and I'm just catching up on this, is that the representation be balanced by play style. That's REALLY difficult to do. In general (and I'm just generalizing, I acknowledge that), the PvE focused folks are generally under-represented on forums and polls. They really just want to be poking around in-game and don't care about the politics and forums. PvP types tend to be extremely outspoken and over-represented on forums. They monitor all the prospective change discussion because the slightest tweak can seriously alter the balance of play in PvP. Raid/Hardcore types tend to fall in the middle.

In the end, this tends to skew the forum discussions to varying degrees. I watched Lotro's gameplay go from very PvE friendly, to overly grindy and group/raid focussed over the first 2-3 years of the game. So much so that I became disenchanted and stopped playing the game despite a lifetime subscription. I understand that they've been balancing back toward more casual accessibility, but I haven't been back as yet to confirm that.

I greatly admire what Cryptic is trying to do with an advisory/focus group. They just need to be very careful that the casual/PvE voice doesn't get drowned out. I wish Cryptic great good luck with this. I'd personally recommend that they go with a combination of forum posts, in-game polls, and a focus group to ensure that they get a balanced set of opinions.
Lt. Commander
# 83
06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Taxation, modification without proper representation is not right. I do not feel an advisory council represents my interests or opinions, that is why I have always been opposed to the very poorly rolled out program. I believe this horse is dead, and I think Cryptic should stop dragging it behind the carriage.
I fully agree
Lt. Commander
# 84
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
only they were not even there to represent *your* interests.
Lt. Commander
# 85
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
The devs already said that the council has been permanently shelved because of the outrage on the forums.

So the problem was solved over a month ago. It's over.
Lt. Commander
# 86
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The devs already said that the council has been permanently shelved because of the outrage on the forums.
That is in fact incorrect. They actually said it is on hold. Of course, thats probably just a PR way of saying "thrown out", but either way the point is they didnt actually say that.
Lt. Commander
# 87
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:

Really please link, I missed that
Lt. Commander
# 88
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:

I also missed that. Could someone please post a link?
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-31-2010, 05:22 PM
If true that's good.