Lt. Commander
I was just wondering if there is any point to the smaller "hometown" fleets, trying to recruit players?

I'm sure all you guys and gals out there in the other fleets are nice people, it just seems that we (the smaller fleets) can't really offer anything substanial over the large, multi-national groups out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Small Fleet are great for the ones that prefer smaller fleets, because everyone knows everyone, their play style, strenghts and weaknesses...

Of course if there is never anynoe online or you log on and there is only 1 or 2 other players when you really wanted to do some PvP'ing with a bigger group they might see that as a bit of a negative...

But there is a solution to that problem... what if you could stay in your own fleet and have others to team up with at the same time? like a fleet alliance for example with a bigger fleet or several smaller ones... then you could find some familiar faces to team up with share knowlege etc and have more fun.

My fleet would not mind an alliance, allies could use our members to team up when PvP'ing or doing Raids or missions... its easy to contact us ingame, on our forums etc...

Just an idea at least

Nikita
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you very much for the suggestion Nikita. I'll drop you a message in-game to discuss further.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I will add something...

There are no advantages in game for fleets right now, so it is hard to tell if large or small will be better should any in game advantages arise. That suggests there is currently no right answer to your question.

Fleet management is a lot of work for people - particularly in STO where anything that is to be organized must be done by players - and that typically means fleet leaders.

Again, doesn't point to the answer to the question, but factors to consider for fleets that may not be part of stuff because from the perspective of large fleet leaders - adding another leader for only a handful of additional people can just add overhead to a player run process.

What does Cryptic have in mind for Fleets? No idea, but I think it is the one area they could focus on and get more bang for their subscriptions than any other single area of development in the game Fleet/Guild code upgrades has always done more for adding longevity to MMOs than any other single change. Blizzard jumped on that early in WoW - in the tradition of L2 and even UO before that - those who have been around MMOs for awhile will remember and know what I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Some players prefer the "feel" of smaller fleets. If you would like TKO has set up an Alliance Vent you can use. We will set up your own channels and give you Admin rights to your channels. There are also "common" channels so players from all the fleets can interact when things slow down in your home fleets channel.

KDF Rules are
No recruiting from other KDF fleets
No disrespecting other members
If your a "drama" fleet keep it within your own channels

Here is more about it.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=144036