04-08-2010, 02:05 AM
the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the lord of the rings: the fellowship of the ring
especially the extended versions, but cant believe they are trying to scam everyone and sell theatrical blu ray ones to everyone then release the extended version later !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
especially the extended versions, but cant believe they are trying to scam everyone and sell theatrical blu ray ones to everyone then release the extended version later !!!!
they could have and should have put both versions on there. if blue ray disks are meant to be so big they could have fitted them all on or just given us 6 discs

anyway to make money
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-08-2010, 02:28 AM
From Russia with Love
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-08-2010, 02:30 AM
the good the bad and the ugly

not only the best clint eastwood movie but possibly the best movie period of all time

runners up:
the quiet man (john wayne color version)
the last samurai (i know tom cruise is a cult leader but the movie was still very good)
the patriot (even though mel gibson may well be the anti semetic anti christ)
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Just the one?

damn... i realyl don't know. i don't think i could love just one.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-08-2010, 03:42 AM
There's too many movies I enjoy for different reasons. The even numbered Star Trek films, for example. The Back To The Future series are a fantastic insight into time travel. The Terminator movies, likewise, plus killer robots. One Night At McCools is so ridiculously bad it's good (plus, you know, Liv Tyler as a redhead). Who Framed Roger Rabbit is an example of a good script and groundbreaking special effects, so I enjoy it from a technical point of view as well as an aesthetic one. Plus, you know, Jessica Rabbit. Redhead. Clue is a movie I've seen dozens of times, and I laugh each time - but I'm not always in the mood to laugh. The Childs' Play movies (the first two, at least) work as wonderful thriller/slasher movies. Plus, you know, Chucky. Redhead.

However, my all-time favourite movie, hands down, without doubt, is Dead Man's Curve. Very few people I know have ever heard of it, which is a huge pity. It's funny, it's dark, it's amazingly well written and directed, especially by a first time writer/director (made worse by the fact it was made in 1998, and his second movie is only just in post-production now), and it's the one movie I only ever recommend to people. (I don't do recommendations)
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
The Big Lebowski...
Ditto. If I have time to watch a movie, and do not have a new movie that I want to watch, this is what I watch.

I actually code really well with a movie that I've seen before on -- I learned the dialog from all three Star Wars movies in college having it on in the background while I was working. When I worked from home, I absorbed Lebowski.

Now I work in an office. I have not broached the subject, but I don't think they would let me watch TV.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-08-2010, 07:35 AM
some interesting picks here..

and it would be hard to decide for me as well..

prolly go with...

Galaxy Quest.. absolute comedic brilliance throughout. I never tire of this film.

or maybe...

Hook.. We all grow up and forget the joy that should have been childhood.

or maybe...

Second Hand Lions.. I don't know why.. but this movie kills me every time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-08-2010, 07:41 AM
dependes on the genre.

Horror: The Shining,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, HERES JOHNNY
Sci-Fi: Dune(2000 version)
Comedy: (too many)
Action: Bourne Ultirmatum
Drama: (yeah right)
Kids: Lion King or Fantastic Mr. Fox