Lt. Commander
Wasn't sure where to post this but has there been any mention or release schedule on being able to purchase better than green quality level phaser arrays? i know anti-proton is the way to go now because they're the only epics you can purchase but i'm an old-fashioned phaser junkie
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 05:30 AM
bump to keep active
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Yeah, i still dont understand, why we are forced to that ugly looking, ugly sounding anti-proton weapons. Who cares about anti-protons ? Give me phasers and photons !
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 08:00 AM
yep, more trek tech please.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablachere
Wasn't sure where to post this but has there been any mention or release schedule on being able to purchase better than green quality level phaser arrays? i know anti-proton is the way to go now because they're the only epics you can purchase but i'm an old-fashioned phaser junkie
Couple of things ...

1- Blue Mk X phasers do exist.

2-"Epics" don't work in this game the way you think they do. Your AP weapons aren't any better than those green MK X phasers you already have. The only difference is an extra added effect. That's it. It's minimal in terms of impact. And due to how the game currently ends at RA5, the impact is even further lessened, because it's far easier to get 9 skill points in phaser weapons than it is in AP weapons.

Thus, this is a complete non-issue right now. And has been since the game launched. The only real difference is in your head ... the color of the item's name. Your green phasers are just as good as purple AP beams.