Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
I had an interesting discussion with some players in-game on STORP chat, I understand there's an issue of unity in the RP community, and I realize this game doesn't lend itself mechanics-wise to RP, but so be it.

What can we do? I heard things like no Feds go to the new station, that there could be a thriving RP smuggling/trading/player content network if we just had basic things like the ability to land on planets when there is no mission there (aside form the handful of stations and places like Risa). Some upset that Andorian dueling on the planet doesn't work.

Can we get something going? Some RP story we continuously and unanimously update on the forums that is interactive in-game? Have some people that are on a lot and on most days to be contacts to get engaged in the story, have some people pump out story missions doing their best to make use of in-game mechanics and locations?

Only things i've come up with are possibilities on player bridges and the idea that, to add content to player content, use wiki memory alpha database as if its the Federation database, have a science officer player have to take a minute to research a race we reference for a gameplan on how to approach them in hails, etc. Has anyone else had ideas like this I/we can use? Is anyone already doing focused RP?

Please don't post saying 'but youll never get the RP community on board', all we can do is try.

DeRavi, Stalaktis, K'Vash
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
I'm sorry, but I think you're new here, so I'm going to explain your mistake.

You posted a serious topic in Ten Forward.

Please don't expect a serious response, if a response at all.

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 09:23 AM
ok it says this is an rp forum, where do i post? Gameplay Discussion?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
The short answer is, you don't.

There's no good place here to try to organize roleplay. This is the forum in which it belongs, but you won't get a serious response here. So you're kinda boned.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
RP discussion is fine here, it's probably the most appropriate of the forums...

Just make sure you come in with a sense of humor, most of the people here are a little looney tunes..
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
bede bede bede thats all folks
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
ok it says this is an rp forum, where do i post? Gameplay Discussion?
You have the 'right' forum, but Ten Forward is strange. Get out while you still can

There are several hurdles to getting RP going in this game. First being the lack of an RP server, second being most people don't RP, third being no RP focused area, and fourth no unified RP community. I don't know where exactly the RP community meets...if anywhere...but it does not seem to be Ten Forward.

Although this is theoretically the RP forum, in practice it seems to be the Isle of Misfit Forum Posters.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
DS9 Instance two if not there head to every even numbered DS9
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
indeed this is the right forum but due to all the reasons stated above it wont thrive.

i've tried RPing but standing around in a circle talking about how cold the replicator made my coffee isint really very interesting stuff [ to me at least]

if you want to roleplay hang out here we sorta do roleplay, playing up how crazy we are i mean

BORK BORK BORK
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by febostaf View Post
indeed this is the right forum but due to all the reasons stated above it wont thrive.

i've tried RPing but standing around in a circle talking about how cold the replicator made my coffee isint really very interesting stuff [ to me at least]

if you want to roleplay hang out here we sorta do roleplay, playing up how crazy we are i mean

BORK BORK BORK
You're trying too hard. Gotta send your ass back to school.