Lt. Commander
# 1 Cloak is crap now
04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Nice job making it worthless, especially the battle version.
You can't decloak a ship w/ a weapon shot, unless you actually do hit the cloak. All that would happen, would the ship would be visable for a second or two, nothing more.

When we cloak, shields drop, and they are down when come out for a second or two as well. That's advantage enough, for us having such a device. Now, any damage decloaks the ship completely, and thus, battle cloak is completely negated. The play will have to either not be shot in the time it takes to fully cloak, fade out, and at be removed as a target, and have ZERO incoming weaponfire for the entire time.

What do I say to this, and all the bs nerfs, bugs etc? Account Cancelled, I'd refuse to pay for junk. Let me know when you get your crap straight, and I might be back, but I doubt I'll buy another game from any of these companies associated w/ STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Oh noes, they toned down my op power!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
You can't decloak a ship w/ a weapon shot, unless you actually do hit the cloak. All that would happen, would the ship would be visable for a second or two, nothing more.

When we cloak, shields drop, and they are down when come out for a second or two as well. That's advantage enough, for us having such a device. Now, any damage decloaks the ship completely, and thus, battle cloak is completely negated. The play will have to either not be shot in the time it takes to fully cloak, fade out, and at be removed as a target, and have ZERO incoming weaponfire for the entire time.

What do I say to this, and all the bs nerfs, bugs etc? Account Cancelled, I'd refuse to pay for junk. Let me know when you get your crap straight, and I might be back, but I doubt I'll buy another game from any of these companies associated w/ STO.
i play a klingon and tbh ur crying over nothing, i would ask for your stuff, but i imagine it is as worthless as this post
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
What game are you playing? As as sci/sci captain, I still see BOPs run off cloaked and survive just fine by flying out of my perception range before I can stop them, despite me firing at them. There are powers that deactivate cloak, and if you're spotted, chances are you're going to get hit by one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post

Um, dude...that's pretty much the way it's always worked.
You can't cloak with beams bouncing all over ya, never have been able to.
If ya use mask energy signature first it'll usually break the weapons lock long enough to safely cloak.
Also a sensor scamble or jam sensors will usually stop incoming fire long enough to cloak.
Contrary to popular belief, it's not a "I win" button, ya gotta use it correctly to make it effective.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
I captain a BoP and haven't had any problems with the new cloak changes. Asteroids & line of sight are your friends.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh bohoo.

No problem here whatsoever with my BoP disengaging from battles.
Btw did you by any chance actually watch Star Trek?
In ST6: Undiscovered Country, once the first torpedo hits Chang's bird of prey, the ships cloak is disrupted and ends up being a sitting duck.
In Star Trek: Generations the ship is decloaked by its damage before it ultimatley blows up,.
In Star Trek Nemesis the scimitar is fully decloaked when the Enterprise opens up with a full volley of quantum torpedoes.

Point.... It not only is prefectly reasonable gameplay wise it is actually also....CANON!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I believe the OP is talking about how it was in the show vs how it is in game. Yes, in the shows that's how it worked. In a game though, not everything can work the way it is in movie or television form, mainly for balance issues. I do agree though that it is silly that the cloaking is so fragile. I'd think it enough that your shields drop when you cloak. I'd offer an alternative, but it is something that is hard to balance lore with gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Um, dude...that's pretty much the way it's always worked.
Shhhh. Let's all just discreetly activate our cloaks and silently fly away from this thread. Maybe the OP won't notice?

Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Satyr
I believe the OP is talking about how it was in the show vs how it is in game. Yes, in the shows that's how it worked. In a game though, not everything can work the way it is in movie or television form, mainly for balance issues. I do agree though that it is silly that the cloaking is so fragile. I'd think it enough that your shields drop when you cloak. I'd offer an alternative, but it is something that is hard to balance lore with gameplay.
Thats exactly what i posted.
There is canon precedent already for complete decloaking by weapons fire.