Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't think of it as a refit, but rather [1] Save the appearance of your T4 ship (costume), [2] Switch your T5 ship to use that costume.

PvP is still an issue, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I wouldn't think of it as a refit, but rather [1] Save the appearance of your T4 ship (costume), [2] Switch your T5 ship to use that costume.

PvP is still an issue, though.
I Nice in theory,but this doesn't actually work...at least Defiant to Prometheus.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Yep I support this whole heartly and I know that almost everyone else on this topic has stated it. I want to fly my intrepid the infamous ship from VOY at teir 5 instead of that DSSV monster.

Cryptic you really need to take this into consideration if you simply cannot implement it now you should at the very least begin working on it or come up with your own methods or let the community know you say your listen to your audience well start listening and start coding.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Ok... Cryptic... People are serving their ideas on a silver platter here. I know you're general policy is that you don't accpet external input regarding ideas (at least as i read it) probably so no one can say they want money for you using them, but we really want to give you this.

I hereby officially deny myself rights to request money for use of my idea.

Ideas so far from this and other threads:

1: The ability to take a Tier 4 ship, and either via C-Store purchase, Energy credits/Merits or as a general ability promote/upgrade it to Tier 5. (this was my idea)

2: Extract lower Tier Custumes to apply to higher Tier Ships, not unlike current C-Store Ships. (generally the same idea)

3: The ability to purchace additional slots for existing low-tier ships to approximate Tier-5 ships. (Yet another idea i had, as well as others).

All theese idea are IMO valid solutions and should from a programmers/Devs point of view be relatively easy to implement.

Since you already plan to implement stupid ideas like DP and Diff slider, please consider this better idea.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Honestly, you can fly T4 ships for T5 content without a problem for the most part. The Galaxy even has more shield and hull than the T5 cruisers as far as I know.

All in all though its a good idea, bumping ships by one tier is a lot les ridiculous than if you could make a constitution stand toe to toe with a sovereign.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Check this:

(Trying to rally everyone into the same thread......)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2579237

Thanks.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
As I've posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ShadowHawk View Post
Instead of simply bumping a ship up a tier, Iíve been thinking it would add more interest to just bring up the Bridge Officer stations and number of devices and consoles to the next tier while leaving the weapons mounts and base hull stats alone.

This might serve two purposes. It would keep ship classes available earlier viable through the game without having them truly equal to newer ship classes, and secondarily provide a bit of an additional challenge to those who desire it as well as a bit of variety at endgame.
Just my two credits, but the players REALLY want to keep their favorite ships guys!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Boy
Yep I support this whole heartly and I know that almost everyone else on this topic has stated it. I want to fly my intrepid the infamous ship from VOY at teir 5 instead of that DSSV monster.

Cryptic you really need to take this into consideration if you simply cannot implement it now you should at the very least begin working on it or come up with your own methods or let the community know you say your listen to your audience well start listening and start coding.
I agree with ship refits maybe it could be a costume/Armour upgrade that you buy from the c-store. Then you could right click and do a costume hide, like Armour on players then have the original look of your lower tier ship, and thus be able to use it at tier 5 level
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
/signed.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Lovin' my T3 ship
05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm loving my T3 Klingon ship and would love the idea of holding on to it and upgrade, making it viable for later tiers.