Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I wouldn't think of it as a refit, but rather [1] Save the appearance of your T4 ship (costume), [2] Switch your T5 ship to use that costume.

PvP is still an issue, though.
Could work, but have it only work for ships of the same class. Tier X Science vessel -> Tier X+1 Science vessel. That way the stations would be the same vs Science -> Escort or Crusier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
05-03-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm all for being able to refit lower tier ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp4ge View Post
Personally, I love the refit idea.

I think when you gain your next rank, you should be able to turn in your get-a-free-ship credit for a Refit instead.

So, let's say I'm Science, in a Nova. I love the Nova, and I absolutely hate the Ball-on-head designs that are the next tier Science ships.

I want to use my free-ship credit for a refit.

So, I could refit my Nova, and get the following:

1 Lt Cmdr Science slot
1 Ensign science slot
1 Lt. Tactical Slot
1 Lt. Engineering slot

3 Science consoles

Hull stats, turn rates and weapons slots should change minimally, if at all. But the power should be increased to support Mk VI weapons systems.

This would be awesome.

So there WOULD be SOME sacrifice to refitting instead of moving to the next class, but you would still get to use your beloved ship, while having the major benefits of the next class.
**points up**

What he said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISS Voyager
Check this:

(Trying to rally everyone into the same thread......)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2579237

Thanks.....
I find it rather stupid that you say this when your thread was started two weeks after mine.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
I find it rather stupid that you say this when your thread was started two weeks after mine.....
You, sir, just made my day.

But yeah, I'm all for giving my low-tier ships that little extra boost. If I got my Constitution up to Sovereign or Galaxy grade tech, That'd be the only thing I'd fly around in. Plus, considering that Starfleet used Mirandas at Wolf 359, I don't find it much of a stretch to consider the same could be done with the Constitution line of ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I wouldn't think of it as a refit, but rather [1] Save the appearance of your T4 ship (costume), [2] Switch your T5 ship to use that costume.

PvP is still an issue, though.
for pvp purpose the refitted ship could be mark with the tier it actually is
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27 upgrade old ships!
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
i dont care how criptic does it but you should be able to use old ships at higher levels. I mean why do you keep your old ships if you cant youse them! I am now a admiral and cant stand any of the new ships I can have and I want to use my old ones. It stinks and if it does not change I will probably quit and go back to world of war craft.So, I support your plan!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28 All in For the Idea
05-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm all in for the idea. I could barely stand to leave my Constitution when I had to go up to a T3 ship. I was in love with that ship and her T1 counterpart I had. I'd love, and very much enjoy to see these ships refittied.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I think the idea is a fantastic one, though I think some are making it a much more severly complicated issue than it needs to be.

Just offer T4 costumes for T5 ships...problem solved and no extra time in development trying to upgrade consoles or weapon slots.

As for pvp identification, sure you can click on your enemy and get a general idea of their level and that would tell you, but I can see some sort of argument for further visual I.D.

Now with all that said.....the big DSSV monster is supposed to be more powerfull than a tier below it.
I love the miranda class but I understand no matter how much I love it, when that big fat Vor'Cha come careening around the corner I am outgunned. Love doesnt count for much in the void that is cold hard space.

That WOULD be a big test of ones abilities wouldnt it, still defeat a one level higher tier ship in pvp.
Perhaps a bonus for flying the lower tier ship would be some of the boff slots universal? Just spit balling here.

I can see the argument for and against.
Consider this.....A Constitution class cruiser should in no way no matter whos freaking on board be able to win one on one vs a Negh'Var. Sorry, but thats the way it is. 3? perhaps.......teamwork. If you like the littler ship by all means fly it, but no, size SHOULD make a difference once you start talking about more than a 1 tier difference.

Ack I ramble..........

Just my 2 EC's worth
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
05-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm - here's 2 more EC's

I disagree with the idea that you only can upgrade a ship only one tier.

I disagree because that essentially places us in the same position we already are - ships are still "locked"; only they are locked into two tiers instead of one. Sure, Galaxy / Intrepid / Defiant fans benefit - but what about us Excelsior / Consitution / Miranda fans? In short, the "size matters" argument breaks down with the Defiant and Galaxy classes: they represent the two extreems of model size and are both placed into the same tier. The "technology doesn't fit" argument breaks down under its own weight; again, look to the Defiant. Don't forget we already have Mirandas and Centaurs pwning Neg'Vars in the early missions; STO is already geared to separate form from function.

I love the idea of refitting / uplifting starships because I love the idea of creative freedom. I think that at endgame, a player should be able to use their favorite ship, no matter what tier it started in.


Give us Excelsior-Class Star Cruisers or give us death.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 PM.