Lt. Commander
I've gotten one of these on my spacebar hand wrist. When is the autofire all option going to be turned on to reduce the risk of RS injuries?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
I've gotten one of these on my spacebar hand wrist. When is the autofire all option going to be turned on to reduce the risk of RS injuries?
According to the April Calendar:

22ND-30TH Season 1.1 Update
  • Joined Trill Klingon Faction
  • TOS/MirrorU Female Outfit Updates
  • Difficulty Slider and Death Penalty
  • Commodity / Memory Alpha Update
  • Exchange Improvements
  • Space Auto-Fire
  • C-Store: Klingon Bridge Pack "Carrier"
  • C-Store: "Pakled" Playable Fed Species
  • C-Store: Fed Cruiser Variant "Nomad"

Until then you can always go to your Options and change the Fire All Phasers key in your Keybinds section. I always set mine to Mouse Button 4 and set Fire All Torpedoes to Mouse Button 5. The Space Bar I set to Fire All Weapons. Makes things much easier IMO.

Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
If you've actually managed to suffer an RSI from playing STO then you need to take the following action:

1. Click the little computer icon next to your minimap.

2. Click the 'exit' button on the window that pops up.

3. Go to something else for a while, because you're clearly playing too much STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolle
If you've actually managed to suffer an RSI from playing STO then you need to take the following action:

1. Click the little computer icon next to your minimap.

2. Click the 'exit' button on the window that pops up.

3. Go to something else for a while, because you're clearly playing too much STO.
thanks for your sarcasm. the internet has a deep and abiding need for simplistic sarcasm, and your contribution will help immesely.

it happened very quickly. one day my wrist was sore, the next day it's in a brace with an icebag. I haven't been in game since. I already have arthritis; you get used to 'sore' as part of daily living.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
According to the April Calendar:

22ND-30TH Season 1.1 Update
  • Joined Trill Klingon Faction
  • TOS/MirrorU Female Outfit Updates
  • Difficulty Slider and Death Penalty
  • Commodity / Memory Alpha Update
  • Exchange Improvements
  • Space Auto-Fire
  • C-Store: Klingon Bridge Pack "Carrier"
  • C-Store: "Pakled" Playable Fed Species
  • C-Store: Fed Cruiser Variant "Nomad"

Until then you can always go to your Options and change the Fire All Phasers key in your Keybinds section. I always set mine to Mouse Button 4 and set Fire All Torpedoes to Mouse Button 5. The Space Bar I set to Fire All Weapons. Makes things much easier IMO.

thanks for the information and ideas Blackavaar. i guess it's time to upgrade my white microsoft optical mouse to get some more buttons. the only extra click on it is down on the mousewheel, and that is unwieldy for me. heck, if i get a good mouse and implement your weapons settings i could almost play space one handed; at least pve.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
thanks for the information and ideas Blackavaar. i guess it's time to upgrade my white microsoft optical mouse to get some more buttons. the only extra click on it is down on the mousewheel, and that is unwieldy for me. heck, if i get a good mouse and implement your weapons settings i could almost play space one handed; at least pve.
You're very welcome.

And yep, that's the idea. I can get away with some one handed maneuvers in PvP too.

Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
You're very welcome.

And yep, that's the idea. I can get away with some one handed maneuvers in PvP too.

i found some mice that may fit the bill. so cheap i bought two so that when my wife see's it and say's "hey,where is mine?" i will have it in my drawer lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
i found some mice that may fit the bill. so cheap i bought two so that when my wife see's it and say's "hey,where is mine?" i will have it in my drawer lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Smart man.

Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2010, 05:53 AM
I would also suggest a game pad, particularly the Logitech g13, or if you are a keyboard man the logitech g11 or g 15
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy.Mays
I would also suggest a game pad, particularly the Logitech g13, or if you are a keyboard man the logitech g11 or g 15
i bought two G19's today. They will be here Friday hopefully. they have the macro recorder, macro keys (G-keys). i got the mice and they have already helped a ton. i was able to map "distribuye shields" and "fire all weapons" to one key, and my two combat bo abilites to another key. on ground i was able to combine some abilites + fire. i was able to play for 2 hours pve one handed. i hope the new keyboards will make the difference pvp one hand.