04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I dont use it
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
...People still use X-Fire?

What's next... STO members exchanging ICQ numbers?
Q-Link support.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forlane
I dont have any other data to go on.
You're just realizing this??

How many of the 100,000+ subscribers of STO are even using X-fire? If you don't know, how can you possibly think that it is any kind of accurate gauge of anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabol View Post
I've played MMOs for over 8 years and can't recall meeting a single person who used x-fire. Guess you're the first. To me that makes x-fire rankings almost completely irrelevant as a metric by which to guage a MMO's success.
This says it all.

There have been numerous posts made about this.... a couple dozen people use X-fire and they don't log in anymore. The game must be dooomed!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
...People still use X-Fire?

What's next... STO members exchanging ICQ numbers?
Sweet! Hit me up on my Geocities page.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM
The ranking on XFire took a sharp dip between April 2nd and April 3rd.

It might be representative of subscription periods ending as it was the aniversary date for when STO launched. The graph has been consistently at the same level since that period when the numbers dipped. However, it might also signify a new incompatibility between XFire and the STO client - the XFire client is renowned for that kind of problem.

Difficult to know the truth really but no doubt it will cause speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
So many angry defensive people.

Can't we all just get along?

The normal person in me says yes, but the a**hole kinda tells me that I am only presently looking into doing it and it'll come along sometime down the road eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabol View Post
Sweet! Hit me up on my Geocities page.
But... But... I am still using ICQ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Well if you take all the MMO on the list and the number of hours per day logged I think it seems like a fairly large sample of people, of which STO is undeniably low down in the rankings. Read the link its all there.

Unfortunately most folks can just quote me this "100k subs" number that was said in an interview once or twice a fair while ago and dont give me any concrete data. Cryptic dont share the numbers possibly because they might scare you.

Its easy to re-buff without having any factual counter information other than X-fire is rubbish, no one uses it.

According to the web figures lots of people still do. Oh its bugged yet another counter, its only bugged on STO then. Oh and for those that use X-fire if its logging you on when your not on, this would inflate the figures on X-fire. X-fire players dont play STO anymore?

Let me guess you cant give me the real numbers because you dont have them.

As for me I'm subscribed and waiting for decent content to be added so dont shoot the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2010, 01:55 PM
X-Fire rankings are interesting, but I am not sure what it means - if anything. X-Fire is typically used only by the hard core gaming community as a measurement for activity within a specific game. It doesn't reflect trends of anything other than X-Fire users, which have proven time and time again to not accurately reflect a good sample of gamers in ANY game.

So the hard core gaming guilds are moving on? Shocking, they do that a lot. They are the flavor of the month types and few have any longevity in any game - and NEVER have. Those guilds grow and claim fame by recruiting new people thus increasing their variety of experience in games, not actual loyalty to any specific games.

There is only one thing I think the X-Fire ranking says about STO - if there was momentum at launch it has since faded. That actually means little in MMOs. I don't think the longevity of any game can be determined in the first 6 months, much less the first two.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah but hardcore games play Digimon more than STO ?