Lt. Commander
Ok so I'm getting spam from Del Taco now.

Seeing as how the only relationship Del Taco and my email address has is via the free shuttle I'm calling major foul here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I've heard that there was a checkbox that if left checked you would receive promotional e-mails from them. They didn't sell your info as you put in the Del Taco code.

Just do like I did (because I didn't see the check box) and just click the unsubscribe link in the Del Taco e-mail. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
people are such drama queens sometimes. $20 bucks says his account isn't closed. lol Also there are check boxes to receive e-mails. If you were in too much of a rush and weren't paying attention this type of thing happens
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikona
I've heard that there was a checkbox that if left checked you would receive promotional e-mails from them. They didn't sell your info as you put in the Del Taco code.

Just do like I did (because I didn't see the check box) and just click the unsubscribe link in the Del Taco e-mail. Problem solved.
I'm very careful about looking for stuff like this when putting my email address on anything. I doubt very much I missed a "SPAM ME" check box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnieves View Post
people are such drama queens sometimes. $20 bucks says his account isn't closed. lol Also there are check boxes to receive e-mails. If you were in too much of a rush and weren't paying attention this type of thing happens
I'll PM you my PayPal account for the $20 you seem to owe me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
It isn't spam if you've done business with them. Which you have.

Give me your free taco code.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 05:13 PM
A fast food company that was part of a promotion you used for STO isn't something to be worried about having your information. Keep in mind that any company that is part of a promotion, does it for customer research and exposure. Anytime you participate in a promotion for free product, you're most likely asked to cough up some information.

If you were being hounded by some call center about buying new MMO subscriptions or getting Cold calls for vacation points to a las vegas star trek convention, then maybe there is cause for concern.

Anyways - This is the 21st century. Don't think your information is so private. Especially when you give it out as if it's disposable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred_Wreck
Ok so I'm getting spam from Del Taco now.

Seeing as how the only relationship Del Taco and my email address has is via the free shuttle I'm calling major foul here.
there are vaired ways of douping peopl into certain catagories.

sometimes if you leave the box chkd that means you opt out...but some people just unchk "all" boxes and therefore are "left in" the mail system.

notsaying you did not chk you boxes or unchk them...but as simply put, click the unsubscribe link and walla...

sorry - but cryptic "is not" selling your info...that violates the terms of agreement with you...and unless you can prove they are the ones doing it, i suggest you remove the accusation in your title.

(or did you miss that chk box too?)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Havent we already had this conversation?

Cryptic hasnt sold your information. What has happened is some fethwit web designer screwed up the little opt out tick box, so it didnt opt out half the people who ticked it. It's not some grand conspiracy, Cryptic isnt involved in identity theft, nor do they require your bank details for a transfer of funds from a dead nigerian millionaire.
At the bottom of the Del Taco spam there is a link you can click to unsubscribe from their ramblings about chicken carcasses.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
We definitely didn't sell anyone's information. There was a box you needed to uncheck in order to opt-out of receiving emails, however.

You can also unsubscribe from the Del Taco mailing list once they've emalied you via the unsubscribe link that's included in promotional newsletters.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeran
Havent we already had this conversation?

Cryptic hasnt sold your information. What has happened is some fethwit web designer screwed up the little opt out tick box, so it didnt opt out half the people who ticked it. It's not some grand conspiracy, Cryptic isnt involved in identity theft, nor do they require your bank details for a transfer of funds from a dead nigerian millionaire.
At the bottom of the Del Taco spam there is a link you can click to unsubscribe from their ramblings about chicken carcasses.
Your whole post is win. The dead nigerian millionaire thing made me laugh.