Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeran
Havent we already had this conversation?

Cryptic hasnt sold your information. What has happened is some fethwit web designer screwed up the little opt out tick box, so it didnt opt out half the people who ticked it. It's not some grand conspiracy, Cryptic isnt involved in identity theft, nor do they require your bank details for a transfer of funds from a dead nigerian millionaire.
At the bottom of the Del Taco spam there is a link you can click to unsubscribe from their ramblings about chicken carcasses.
Yeah thanks for blowing it out of proportion. The only complaint I had in my OP was the spam and the fact that Del Taco got my email address from Cryptic. However it happened it still means spam for me.

And the opt-out links are as bad as the spam themselves. Might as well be a "validate this address as valid" link.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
WTF is Del Taco? Is that a Taco Bell?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauserG43
It's like Taco Bell, only the food is good. Well, good for fast food.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauserG43
And there's not as many, It's like picking Joe's chicken shack vs. KFC. But there's like 20 Joe's in the U.S.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred_Wreck
Yeah thanks for blowing it out of proportion. The only complaint I had in my OP was the spam and the fact that Del Taco got my email address from Cryptic. However it happened it still means spam for me.

And the opt-out links are as bad as the spam themselves. Might as well be a "validate this address as valid" link.
It isn't bad at all, considering I have yet to receive another Del Taco e-mail after unsubscribing when they sent their first wave of it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
PM me your paypal... Just don't complain about me scamming you when paypal takes their percentage out. In fact, I'll send you another $20 if you never post here again. You've pretty much been complaining on every single post you've ever written. If you've closed your account, quit trolling, you're just bringing everybody down.

See now you've made me go and rant about you. *sigh*

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Iylenya"
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred_Wreck
I'm very careful about looking for stuff like this when putting my email address on anything. I doubt very much I missed a "SPAM ME" check box.

I'll PM you my PayPal account for the $20 you seem to owe me.
Too bad, you did miss it. I missed it on my account but not when setting up my husband's account.

So a simple search on the forums and you'll see that this has been discussed many times.

In closing, cry more and grow a bigger ego, it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
It's like Taco Bell, only the food is good. Well, good for fast food.
Eh, I've had both... I will agree that Dell Taco is better than Taco Bell, but... they serve cheeserburgers and frenchfries... wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnieves View Post
PM me your paypal... Just don't complain about me scamming you when paypal takes their percentage out. In fact, I'll send you another $20 if you never post here again. You've pretty much been complaining on every single post you've ever written. If you've closed your account, quit trolling, you're just bringing everybody down. Don't you have anything better to do or are you waiting for your Prius to speed out of control?

See now you've made me go and rant about you. *sigh*
Is that how much a person's silence is worth these days? $20? Why, back in my day, you'd need a lot more than just one roll of quarters to buy someone's silence. Ah, the good old days of blackmail.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Eh, I've had both... I will agree that Dell Taco is better than Taco Bell, but... they serve cheeserburgers and frenchfries... wtf?
Here's the trick. If you have the right metabolism (I don't ), you get the chicken soft tacos and the fries.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Here's the trick. If you have the right metabolism (I don't ), you get the chicken soft tacos and the fries.
naw.....i prefer the steak tacos with cilantro and fries...