Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celus View Post
You just proved my point you had a crash in WOW 2 weeks ago this a another crash in less that a week.
Five and a half years. This game's barely two months old. WoW was crashing multiple times a week two months in, too; except for the server that was crashing multiple times a day still.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Oh please get off the Cryptic crack and realize that the amount of crash is not normal.
Sorry, but it is an MMORPG. Crashes happen. It is the nature of the beast. Just because I do not agree with you does not make me a member of the CDF.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Just don't go whining to the people that make your food, ever see the movie Waiting?
Things happen, do you really think these crashs can be announced ahead of time? This game is less then three months old, WoW is over five years old and still gets random server crashes.

At least its just one server, and not dozens that can break at any given moment.

You gotta step up to roll with the big boys, and they don't cry
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I have played quite a few mmos and have never seen the crash amounts as I see here. While I will agree it has gotten much better here lately. The last few weeks have been pretty bad with the issues they have been having.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
I have played quite a few mmos and have never seen the crash amounts as I see here. While I will agree it has gotten much better here lately. The last few weeks have been pretty bad with the issues they have been having.
Have you played them this shortly after launch? This game's crashes are NOTHING compared to WoWs crashes this shortly after launch, and it seems to have survived.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:

I agree, but like others have said many, many times. "(blank) happens".
You say you're not new to MMORGs, yet you give the newb impression that this is rare.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Have you played them this shortly after launch? This game's crashes are NOTHING compared to WoWs crashes this shortly after launch, and it seems to have survived.

Sorry WOW was a game that got released before it should of. I have played many games from beta to release. While I never played WOW do we really want to compare WOW to STO. I would hope that STO would be better that WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I cant even remember when SWG crashed, if at all.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauserG43
I cant even remember when SWG crashed, if at all.

I know that SWG and EVE had crashes but not like this game does.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
There is an investigation going on to track the cause (which was unusual to say the least). They'll bring the servers back up as soon as they get the crash data they need to figure out which data caused the bump.

edit: and turns out it they got the data - so shard is back up now.