Lt. Commander
# 21
04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
As a guy who had to carry a server out of a burning building once.

**** happens.

It could not even be Cryptic, it could be their ISP. Or their farm could be burning down.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
It was me, I was trying to make a human that looked unique. Sorry guys.
Lt. Commander
# 23
I dunno. I play most every day and this is the first "crash" I've experienced in weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There is an investigation going on to track the cause (which was unusual to say the least). They'll bring the servers back up as soon as they get the crash data they need to figure out which data caused the bump.

Thank you at least someone isn't smoking the Cryptic pipe.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-08-2010, 05:47 PM
My theory is that the improved spam filter is being attacked by rogue agents that gain money from buys that supports their own dark deeds of conquest. Google experienced this not long ago, so do diff chans online.

dos attacks or whatever they are called, laymens term that goes deeper in the core of code and online tracking via CIA and the shadow government.

If you agree with my statement, be prepared to be added to a watch list and V& in the middle of the night.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
That was the longest crash ever.
*finds a piece of wood and knocks a lot*
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
This is nothing compared to SWG at this same stage. SWG had crashes,rollbacks plus maintanance EVERY night at midnight Pacific time. And don't get me started on the "rubberbanding" that took them alooooooooong time to figure out and fix.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celus View Post
I know that SWG and EVE had crashes but not like this game does.
Are you kidding? EVE has not only had a history of crashes (that is part of what lead to their current DAILY DOWNTIME), and not only did they release a patch that left Windows unbootable on people's PCs, but they've recently been having issues with repeated server crashes:

http://www.eve-druid.com/eve-online-...ver-stability/

It's an MMO. They have rapid development and massive load. Crashes happen, and not just from code problems; keep in mind the OS is in development and has bugs too. Even the hardware can introduce problems; they had some problems with the brand new hardware when they bumped up the server capacity after Open Beta, for instance, which nobody could have possibly foreseen.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSatyr
This is nothing compared to SWG at this same stage. SWG had crashes,rollbacks plus maintanance EVERY night at midnight Pacific time. And don't get me started on the "rubberbanding" that took them alooooooooong time to figure out and fix.
Haha now tell us about SWG before mounts.
Lt. Commander
# 30 another crash???
04-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Gotta love it,

I thought I'd log into the forums to check and see whats new before logging the game - guess what nothing new server crash whoooooooot.

Hello to the IRC ops - little fury rodents that they are...