Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS-Andromeda View Post
This thread is so epic. Do you even have time to play the game?
Yeah, amazingly enough I do One RA, one Commander, and one Lieutenant Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Yeah, amazingly enough I do One RA, one Commander, and one Lieutenant Commander.
I nominate Shikamaru for the Player Council.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Love your posts, keep them up!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2010, 01:11 PM
This is as cryptic as Cryptic can get.

It is more of a "trust us, we have new content comming. You belive us...right"
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks once again OP!!! Lots of great stuff here. All the "possibly" disclaimers bugs me a bit, but is to be expected at this point.
Well done as usual!
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
I'd like to hear more about the death penalty. If I read that correctly, the harder you make the content the more severe the death penalty? Doesn't that seem backwards? Why would anyone increase the difficulty slider if there is no benefit to doing so but only an increase risk of penalties. Something doesn't see right in that equation. Risk and reward should be balanced. It seems to me that if cryptic is going to create a death penalty that permanently damages your ship (if I read correctly, this permanent damage is only permanent if not repared though the purchase of items , presumably for credits), the chance of this penalty occuring should be great at easier levels and less as you increase the difficulty slider. I really think this needs to be discussed before it is implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Kobayashi_Maru
I'd like to hear more about the death penalty. If I read that correctly, the harder you make the content the more severe the death penalty? Doesn't that seem backwards? Why would anyone increase the difficulty slider if there is no benefit to doing so but only an increase risk of penalties. Something doesn't see right in that equation. Risk and reward should be balanced. It seems to me that if cryptic is going to create a death penalty that permanently damages your ship (if I read correctly, this permanent damage is only permanent if not repared though the purchase of items , presumably for credits), the chance of this penalty occuring should be great at easier levels and less as you increase the difficulty slider. I really think this needs to be discussed before it is implemented.
I think you may have read it wrong. The greater the risk, the greater the reward. The Difficulty Slider starts at the current level of difficulty. At that level, the Death Penalty is a slight chance of damaging your ship. The higher you increase the Difficulty Slider, the higher the chance of injury from the Death Penalty and the higher the rewards. So scaling up difficulty scales rewards as well. Dstahl has confirmed that both loot drops and the mission completion rewards will scale up the higher the difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 28 reply
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
i am interested in the new ships are they going to be a new tier or just costumes for already existing classes.
looking forward to new skill cap level to
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22
i am interested in the new ships are they going to be a new tier or just costumes for already existing classes.
looking forward to new skill cap level to
Since the skill cap level isn't getting raised past 50 in Season 2 as far as I know, there won't be a new rank, so they should be merged into existing Tiers. It is believed some of the missing canon variants will be coming in Season 2 so it is likely we will see the following Tiers:
  • Ambassador: Tier 3 Cruiser
  • Nebula: Tier 4 cruiser or science vessel
  • Excelsior: Tier 2 Cruiser
  • Oberth: Tier 2 science vessel

Since those are the only 4 that have been mentioned as possibly coming in Season 2, the only speculation I can give is that they will likely be balancing other vessels in the same Tier with non-canon variants so no ship type has less variants than any other.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-17-2010, 08:13 PM
I vote for shikamaru317 to get the in-game title: Memory Alpha Director.

Seriously, great posts as always.