Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
It's not so bad... all they need to do is just offer those wronged people a refund or a Lifetime Subscription and everyone will be happy
Well considering my own bank fined me 60 quid for being 11 overdrawn for a day, i dread to think the fines being imposed on those unfortunate enough to be 300+ overdrawn. Not to mention the kids who get their parents to pay their subscriptions. One can only imagine the look on the parents face when they get their bank statement this month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Once EA confirmed it was a mistake the banks wouldnt charge you as it was not an intentional overdraft all you do is call them and they sort it not a big thing and S** happens.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
It's not so bad... all they need to do is just offer those wronged people a refund or a Lifetime Subscription and everyone will be happy
Seat on the Council.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Seat on the Council.
NEVAAAAAAR!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Cryptic has similar system in place. It, however, just prevents you from canceling the subscription. It is called "Billing servers are offline, please try again later."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I saw this earlier, people being charged up to and over 1K. EA is gonna take a lot of heat over this one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caeran
Well considering my own bank fined me 60 quid for being 11 overdrawn for a day, i dread to think the fines being imposed on those unfortunate enough to be 300+ overdrawn. Not to mention the kids who get their parents to pay their subscriptions. One can only imagine the look on the parents face when they get their bank statement this month.
You should never use a check card for automated billing.
Your financial bank advisor (if you have one) will tell you to never give out your bank account number, routing or checkcard number to a billing company. Instead use a credit card if you dont have one use a gamecard. It's always best to use the banks online bill pay where possible and send paperchecks.
Its financially irresponsible to use checkcards for automatic drafts as your borrowing heaps of trouble.

A mistake a billing company makes on an automatic draft will be deemed your fault if an overdraft occurs as you gave them your bank information mistake or not. This is the same as giving out a usrename or password for an mmo an account. You are solely repsonsible for that information. The bank will not be held responsible and doesn't have to provide a courtesy credit and will tell you its the billers fault for overdrafting and you take it up with them. In essence, you can avoid all of that by doing the following:

This applies to any purchase for good sound adivice:
1) Use a credit card instead not a checkcard. Tell your credit card company you want to opt out of allowing transactions that will go overlimit. This is now law thtat you have this option. A credit card dispute is easier to handle and doesn't impact a vital financial part of your life like a checking account.
2) Send a papercheck if not online biller (obviously you cannot for online games use credit card or game card)
3) Use online billpayment
4) Use a gamecard

NEVER USE A CHECKCARD FOR ANYTHING LINKED TO A BANK ACCOUNT FOR AUTOMATED BILLING!
Also do not use it for online purchasing.

I've been there done that over and over and mistakes happen and no matter what its going to be you at fault.
Follow these rules and it wont ever happen again.

Techonology is wonderful but with it comes responsibility. Yours. And the day there was just paper checks, which I was around for it was far more simple but less convenient. Just trying to help you out in life where I made all my blunders. I learned the hard way and now I haven't seen a blunder in over 10 years with perfect accounts with no late fees, no overdrafts and no overlimits. So take the advice or leave it....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I saw this earlier, people being charged up to and over 1K. EA is gonna take a lot of heat over this one.
If you are using a checkcard linked to a bank account that's not ideal.
And like it or not the bank is going to tell you it your responsiblity as you provided that information to them.
Never use a checkcard for automated transaction.
Thats lesson 1 in getting older and financial responsibilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
If you are using a checkcard linked to a bank account that's not ideal.
And like it or not the bank is going to tell you it your responsiblity as you provided that information to them.
Never use a checkcard for automated transaction.
Thats lesson 1 in getting older and financial responsibilities.
I have a non payed WAR account. Haven't even given them my credit card info. Personally, I am not worried about it but BOY is there reputation gonna take a hit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z23
So glad i cancelled my subscription last month.
Errhm the thread on the Warhammer forums, some players that had cancelled were getting multiple billed as well, or say they said. Don't want to worry you but damn go check your bank or credit card statement. I sure hope you've got nothing to find but better to be certain.

I wonder what the charge back fines will total up to in the end.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.