Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I have a non payed WAR account. Haven't even given them my credit card info. Personally, I am not worried about it but BOY is there reputation gonna take a hit.
Sure it will. I'm only giving advice to protect you from the mistakes that these terrible companies make.
I've been screwed so many times in my twenties and early thirties this is what worked for me.
Now no matter when a mistake occurs I can recover.

I should also mention you should always have a saving account tied to the checking with at LEAST
500 saved for protection.

I used to automatic drafts for auto loans.
No more. Ford put through 2 payments and fortunately it tapped into the saving and that saved me.
But now I just do online bill pay. I trust no one with my bank account info.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lot
Errhm the thread on the Warhammer forums, some players that had cancelled were getting multiple billed as well, or say they said. Don't want to worry you but damn go check your bank or credit card statement. I sure hope you've got nothing to find but better to be certain.

I wonder what the charge back fines will total up to in the end.
Ya, I would say that if you ever had a sub to WAR you might would want to check.

This is gonna cost EA some real cash I am sure.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
Sure it will. I'm only giving advice to protect you from the mistakes that these terrible companies make.
I've been screwed so many times in my twenties and early thirties this is what worked for me.
Now no matter when a mistake occurs I can recover.
You realize the way that is worded you were talking about 1920s-1930s That's what happens when you own a delorian I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
I should also mention you should always have a saving account tied to the checking with at LEAST
500 saved for protection.

I used to automatic drafts for auto loans.
No more. Ford put through 2 payments and fortunately it tapped into the saving and that saved me.
But now I just do online bill pay. I trust no one with my bank account info.
[/quote]

Good advice.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
You realize the way that is worded you were talking about 1920s-1930s That's what happens when you own a delorian I suppose.

Good advice.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Personally, I am not worried about it but BOY is there reputation gonna take a hit.
Yup this is going to seriously impact WAR and future games they produce. Even if everything gets refunded and EA fork out the bank charges, can you honestly say you feel 100% secure giving them card details now? Heck people are going to think twice about setting up the free accounts even though they dont ask for any card details (thank feth otherwise i'd be screwed too).
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Seriously I cant imagine how that mistake was made. I almost feel bad for WAR. Its done. Over.

I mean, the game wasnt in that good of shape to begin with. But now? Would you keep playing a game after they accidentally billed your account 17 times??? Causing you headache with the bank etc etc?

I would quit just out fear it might happen again. I could be playing the best mmorpg in the world and loving every minute of it and I would quit. Just out of fear of a recurrence.

Like I said, I have a feeling their sub numbers are going to plummet after this. I guess I could be wrong. But it sure cant help them. Thats a HUGE mistake for an mmorpg.

I think they're done personally. I dont know how a company would survive something like this very easily. Not to mention even I might have tried playing it one day to see how it was, but after hearing this I never would just out of fear it might happen to me.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
I thought it was all part of the Mythic / Bioware / EA conglomerate now.

Which doesn't bode well for The Old Republic.
That is would be good news for STO at least.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW007
That is would be good news for STO at least.
There's some worry about it over at the TOR forums today. I dont blame them. Im concerned myself.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Yeah, as I recall there has only ever been one truly massive blunder in MMO history, i.e. NGE. This however I would call the second biggest in MMO history. As a self funded research student if my account was over drawn by 400 - 1000 dollars, this would basically create a MASSSIVE problem for me which would snowball on for at least a month or two. Man I feel sorry for EA's customers.

I was planning on maybe trying out WAR to see what all the fuss is about, but after this never. Never ever! Also the same probably goes for TOR, sorry a game is just not worth me possibly not being able to fund my course fees for 2 months. Bloody hell, no way.... this is just..... shocking!
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Dont give them ideas @ OP.
This might still happen.