Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Nova I sent you a message from the site here. Please contact me whenever you get the chance. And please do so through messages here since I get too much spam on my email lol. Or you could register on our site at http://exilealliance.outpostgamez.com
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
(edited out)
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I am posting again to BumP this thread! Go UCF Go!
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
WeasleX, I have not seen anyone here completely bash the Advisory Council. While it is true that some of us, myself included, don't really like the Advisory Council its because of the way it was set up. We are looking to form our own council here so that Cryptic will hear the voices of more than just a few players. Now they will hear the combined voices of many fleets from STO. I feel that those of us in fleets are the people that are truly dedicated to this game, and we deserve to have our voices heard. And you know what, as long as the Advisory Council is in place, you will continue to hear some of us complaining about it. Live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Okay, please note, I'm not trying to upset anyone, and I appologize for my previous post, I just got upset over this whole situation and then this happens. I don't mean to take it out on you guys, and I know many of you personally haven't done anything (that I know of) against my fleet I'm in. (Jupiter Force) It's just that I spent all last week fighting off evil monkeys of doom that think they know better, it's no excuse, but I want you to know where I'm coming from. So again, I'm very sorry.

With that said though, I want to take appart the latest post for just a second or two and explain a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer143 View Post
WeasleX, I have not seen anyone here completely bash the Advisory Council.
There have been some people, and no, I won't state anyone's name, that have in fact completely bashed the council. Not too mention the fact that about the 'Shutup Weasly' folks who dropped out of the council due to the fact that they were sent threatening emails from this forums community. I believe my fleet has had to deal with those emails as well, thats just not right people. So don't tell me that no one on the forums hasn't completely bashed the council.

Quote:
While it is true that some of us, myself included, don't really like the Advisory Council its because of the way it was set up. We are looking to form our own council here so that Cryptic will hear the voices of more than just a few players. Now they will hear the combined voices of many fleets from STO. I feel that those of us in fleets are the people that are truly dedicated to this game, and we deserve to have our voices heard.
Oddly enough, the entire point of the council is to get outside feedback from a player base that, for one reason or another, has not gone to the STO forums, or not posted on the STO forums but have gone to other places with their own little groups. Take my fleet for example, very few of us actually post here due to the fact... well of what I stated above, this isn't exactly the friendliest of communities. You post some constructive criticism and your labeled as a hater. You post something positive about the game and your labeled as a fan boy. Which maybe why the Council was needed in the first place.

As stated, it's outside feedback, from a different source, forming a council on the STO forums is kinda... null and void since you post in heeps often and have your voices heard. Where as there are huge swaths of the community that isn't being heard... at all. Yet another reason why this maybe needed.

And, it's been argued that those people SHOULD post here instead, and be bullied, flamed and trolled like everyone else. As appealing as that may sound, I've never been a fan of it. I post here often, but that's just because I just don't give a darn. I can't speak for my fleet mates in Jupiter Force though, and I won't force them to come here and take the same crud everyone here is subjected too. It's just not right.

Quote:
And you know what, as long as the Advisory Council is in place, you will continue to hear some of us complaining about it. Live with it.
Your right, I am dealing with it, just be prepared to deal with it as well if you decide to go down this path. With that said, I won't support you, but I won't hinder your efforts either. (and my post above will be edited out)
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Hello from the 12th Fleet.

We are more than interested in joining the UCF, we have been looking for something like this for a while and are constantly thinking of new ways to bring players together and try to help when needed.

Little about 12th Fleet:
  • We have existed since early August 2009.
  • We have many active members and a good core of leaders.
  • We have our own dedicated TS3 server.
  • Hosting and maintaining our own website/forum and own the domain http://12th-fleet.com/

Please feel free to register on our forum or send me a mail at enterprise-d@12th-fleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-13-2010, 06:05 AM
We had some internal debate about this proposal, but admirals and members alike really liked the idea unanimously and we'll do our best to support you and make it work.

It's a great initiative and we've been thinking of starting up something similar, but not as extensive as this. Kudos to you guys for taking the initiative on it.

WeasleX I don't really understand all the hate you guys are getting either, but you have my empathy. People don't seem to understand that it's not either/ or but and/ and. The community used to be friendlier then it is thesedays and I hope that it some day returns to that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Thank you to 12th Fleet for accepting this proposal, with the number of Fleets looking to join the United Council of Fleets I am hopeful that we can reach out and communicate as much detail as we can.

Today I will be sending out a Status Email explaining what we may need in-order to facilitate communication quickly, a number of Fleets have already offered there time and resources and as such we will certainly be taking advantage of that. Many of us have the skills or the contacts to be able to allow information to spread through out our respective communities and as a result will help ultimately in allowing everyone to feel involved.

I would like to say this...I have no overarching ill will towards the existing Atari chosen Council, nor was the proposal to the STO Fleets for the UCF designed to combat, compete, derail, or replace that council with the UCF. As Cryptic has stated many times that the council is meant to get/receive information from more sources that may not exist on the STO forums, and as such is the case with the UCF.

At this point I am sure that a number of Fleets have reviewed this proposal and have not chosen to support it just yet in fear that it is either representative of a challenge to the existing council or yet another attempt to create a community group, or even yet something that in principal looks good on paper but would require greater action and success before many other Fleets will choose to support it.

As a result of all of these scenarios I will be sending a email out those Fleets who have promised their support and begin requesting and hopefully discussing a means in which we can break ground on a new site, advertisements, Artwork, and administratively begin designing surveys and content feed back from all levels and all areas of the Fleet.

Fleet representative, please ensure that you have PMed me your email address.

Thank you all for your efforts and I hope that we can work in concert with all other forms of communication to ensure that STO is the best that it can be,
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Just keep in mind that the Europian Union wasn't formed overnight either.

It started roughly 50 years ago or so with just 3 countries and it's still growing thesedays with more countries wanting to join. Perhaps all it takes is a small dedicated group to start with and once we reach a critical number and people see that it does work others will join in.

So far 11% of your goal achieved can be called a small success already if you ask me, especially considering the size from several participants.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-13-2010, 07:16 AM
This is all very true! I had not looked at it that way!

To spawn discussion, this is spoken about in the proposal however not in detail is the choosing of the 3 charter fleets that will manage the flow of information to and from all other member fleets.

As of now we have a number of Fleets that are willing to support this endeavor, however that does not guarantee that the community will choose them to lead the UCF as a charter member.

In addition I would like to place this thought in everyone's head regarding this subject. All of us love and hold in high regard the Fleets we have joined, so to focus on the needs of our community and ensure that this selection process (however it is decided) does not turn into a popularity contest will be important.

In addition to choose as a community 3 Fleets to spear head the UCF and for them to accept their responsibility to the Community will be an exciting moment in that we will have shown that we as a community can work together for the benefit and future success of STO.