Lt. Commander
# 1 whats the point?
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
so im prolly going to get flamed for not reading prior post...but i dont really care. i havent been playing really at all...been busy, but i finally reached RA5 .....so now.....wtf?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 06:38 AM
I've been reading the forums, and I don't care whats been posted before. Then I got to this thread...so now...wtf?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Something a lot of Klingon players ask every single day.

The point is for Cryptic and Atari to make $$$. The worth of their product is determined by what (or how many) people will pay for it. Simple economics really.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 06:15 PM
sad thing is this game launched with no end game content (even less for klinks)

i dont blame the developers really.

i honestly feel it was the higher ups scared about WOW:cataclysm coming out. they upped the release date shortly after cataclysm was announced.

the DEVs also had several posts about how they kept fighting to have klingons in the game at relaese cause they didnt want to face the star trek community if they didnt.

i blame it on american business thinking of "make money now, short term" they saw the costs of this game in development and saw how lots of people were excited and following it so they thought "instant cash now".\

never mind if they had left it alone, they would have had a much better game, more people would like it longer and make more money in the long run... as it is now, they have turned many people off and those players have left. hell, 2 months after commercial release, they were fixing things that are normally taken care of in a closed beta if not caught by a quality control team in house.

i think we can all agree (those that started playing from the beginning) that this game could have used another 6 months to polish and round things out.

i blame it on the suits who dont know what the mainstream geek wants in a game. just for open beta, they had to make an emergency purchase of extra servers to handle the load... pre-planning they new how many preorders there were, but i bet a higher up tried stalling till crap hit the fan. this might be totally inaccurate, but lets not place sole blame on the developers, it isnt completely their fault.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
They could easily "extend" the content by making lower level missions replayable at higher levels.

They could easily extend the content by putting out new PvP maps.

They could easily extend the content by adding different objectives to existing PvP maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
They could easily "extend" the content by making lower level missions replayable at higher levels.

They could easily extend the content by putting out new PvP maps.

They could easily extend the content by adding different objectives to existing PvP maps.
Extending the content by making lower level missions playable at higher levels is a great idea, though I'm no fan of any game that relies solely on a queue system for pvp.. new maps & content in that area would also be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
This has been on the Cryptic Calendar since early February.
It's apparently a 4-month development process attached to it, because it won't be ready until 28th May.
(Though, they managed to create a captain's table spacestation wthin the first month!)