Lt. Commander
# 21
04-11-2010, 05:27 AM
I will host another social function... as soon as some people sound off that they want one.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2010, 09:08 AM
The question isn't when this group DOES want a party it's finding a time they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I will host another social function... as soon as some people sound off that they want one.
If you post it, they will come.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Like most things, you will find it comes and goes, depending on personalities, moods, and other things.

I finally got my true RP characters up and running ("Thank you, Captain's Log!") but I have to fill out logs (which, I admit, I could probably do in Quarks or Drozana), then play, then level up certain characters (one of which I don't feel I have a good handle on personality-wise and won't be recording any log entries on unless I find the time to do so), but I do RP her from time to time.

That's not to mention one or two others I may start up and Tribble Server, which I would like to play on more (and I use for even more extra/free character slots!).

But, I hope to bring in new perspective/enjoyment with one of my characters to all concerned, so he's definately worthy of most people's RP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah I really liked your Saurian Gold-Rush. Hope I run into him again.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moncerious View Post
If you post it, they will come.
Lol!

"If you build it....." :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchus
Yeah I really liked you Saurian Gold-Rush. Hope I run into him again.
I hope to continue the fun in his logs, too!

But, he will be around again!

I am also thinking of making a Tellarite along the same vein...not sure about male or female (I've personally never seen a player doing a Tellarite but I've heard rumors...and never seen a FEMALE one.)

I am trying to think of doing a concept on the Klingon side, too, but I can't come up with one. I still need to make a Science KDF and was going to go Orion... "Alien" is flexible, but meh...

I do have the "serious RP" concepts, too, but not as fun.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
The issue is that tiny little problem with max # of players in an instance. In other games like WoW and SWG you could have hundreds of people in one village or cantina with nothing being the issue except lag. any mildly popular gathering will quickly run into and exclusive gathering. RP in general is heavily burdened in this game
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
The issue is that tiny little problem with max # of players in an instance. In other games like WoW and SWG you could have hundreds of people in one village or cantina with nothing being the issue except lag. any mildly popular gathering will quickly run into and exclusive gathering. RP in general is heavily burdened in this game
Make your omlettes out of lemons before they hatch! And don't bother with the ones that cross the road, either!

Or "something"

Now, this is a problem and while I have not been to too many big RP gatherings in STO to figure out how many people show up, there is one solution...actually, two! Where you take a weakness and make the best of it.

1) Host the event in two instances.

Now, two may not be enough, but get two people or group of folks and pick two instances. If you can get more co-horts, so much the better, but I think 2-3 should be the limit.

2) Start a temp channel to go with the party.

It may be a bit spammy and free-for-all, but this would work hand-in-hand with any event that is spread out over instances. Heck, it could work in a one-instanced event and at least help people feel connected if the instance(s) were full.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Nah, Cap, that's no issue for my functions... I hold them on Risa, where the cap is 50. I've never seen more than 50 people try to cram into one instance. I think we'll be okay.

But I want to see some interest before I put the effort into hosting another one.