Lt. Commander
# 1 Respawn timers
04-09-2010, 03:43 AM
I played the Starbase 24 fleet action again last night (I have played it a few times before) and so we beam down to the Starbase and start killing things in true STO style, now last time I did this when I killed a Klingon he did not reappear 5 minutes later, this time... They did, and it was the most anti-fun experience I have ever had so far in STO, they respawned before I could accomplish my objectives on the first floor, and I have done this before, so I can only imagine the experience newcomers have with this, its been like this since one of the latest patches but at first I let it go thinking, its ok, just a bug it will be fixed.... It has not been fixed.

Later on down the line I go to the Laurentian system "Breaking the planet" and... well... yeah if you have played it you know!

Now I don't know if the respawn rates have in any way been calculated by anyone with more intelligence than a rat, however I do know they need drastically changing and or removing (expecially removing in Starbase 24)

After playing "Breaking the planet" and it taking me almost an hour longer than it should have done due to this poor mechanic, I have decided to temporarily stop playing, it seems to me my fun to rage ratio is beggining to favour the rage.

I hope you fix this soon, or if its intentional, drastically rethink this approach.

Special thanks to all the people who did "Breaking the Planet" with me, you all showed remarkable patience in light of poor game mechanics (except those 5 that left, but I don't blame them :p)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2010, 03:55 AM
Someone here has just reminded me why we stopped playing Age of Conan back after its release (It had slipped my mind) but it was surprisingly due to this fact, there was a small incline you had to fight up, unfortunatly as you got further up the respawn behind you would get closer and closer... and well yeah, they didn't fix it, we gave them a week then left for greener pastures.

Then same thing happened in Warhammer, fortunatly they did fix it, but other problems arose...

Anyway my point is, it doesn't take much to annoy someone with frustrating game mechanics, and once there annoyance levels rise above there fun levels they leave, having such a blatantly annoying issue such as this at such an early level LT 4 I beleive for Starbase 24, is really going to start to hurt the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2010, 07:05 AM
I did the SB24 on the Tribble server with my RA just before the changes went live, and know exactly what you are talking about, they regularly respawn in the hallway, while you are trying to clear out the rooms.

I guess it is there attempt at making it more of a challenge since people has been comnplaining about how easy everything was.

It was irritating, I died just after a group beammed down right on top of me. I respawned with my team in the starting area, and the group I was fighting actually were running down the hall to continue the fight. This was on Tribble (test server) so I have no idea if it made it over to live or not. At one point, I had aggrivated so many Klingons that the starting room was filled with Klingons, camping us as we spawned in.

For some reason when we died it didn't break the aggro, and they would chase us down the hall. I had to give up on the mission after a while, I never even made it down to the second level.

I was just glad my characters had finished it before the changes, so there is no point in going back to it anytime soon. At least till something changes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekath View Post
I guess it is there attempt at making it more of a challenge since people has been comnplaining about how easy everything was.

It was irritating, I died just after a group beammed down right on top of me. I respawned with my team in the starting area, and the group I was fighting actually were running down the hall to continue the fight. This was on Tribble (test server) so I have no idea if it made it over to live or not. At one point, I had aggrivated so many Klingons that the starting room was filled with Klingons, camping us as we spawned in.

For some reason when we died it didn't break the aggro, and they would chase us down the hall. I had to give up on the mission after a while, I never even made it down to the second level.
I had the problem with them spawning right on top of me I actually thought at first they were purposfully doing that, until I realised that they were just respawning stupidly fast.

I noticed it doesnt often break the aggro, especially on Starbase 24 as there are friendly NPC's that keep aggro up constantly, I gave up after the third respawn of everything in the map, I wasn't going to do it all again.

There is only one thing worse than having to kill excessive amounts of enemies to get to the objective, and thats haing to kill them all again... and again...

Thanks for your response.