Lt. Commander
# 1 Friday Interview Roundup
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM

We've got a couple Star Trek Online interviews for you to keep you busy over the weekend:

VideoGamer's interview with Craig.
Subspace Radio's interview with Craig.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Before I click any, can I ask if anything in them will give us our weekly weekend entertainment?

I'll go look now.

Edit: Oh, it's just interviews with Craig? I guess not. Craig alone normally does ones that actually gives us hope.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Read the first one on videogamer.com.

Craig's answer on the last question made me say "BOO-YAH!" Loved that answer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2010, 03:51 PM
nono NO @MrBlades of subspace radio, WRONG QUESTION. :/

The gold spammers are a distraction, a symptom not the problem itself... If you deal with the gold farmers/traders the gold spammers would not have anythng to sell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin View Post
We know goldfarming is going on in STO for a fact from the amount of websites there are and that quite a few of them advertise how much they have "in stock" for sale.

You raise some very good points about botters, I read a really good article about how EVE online dealt with these people: UNHOLY RAGE.

It is a pity Cryptic do not seem to be taking any steps against these people whatsoever.

And I do not mean the spammers, those are throwaway accounts as Cryptic know full well, why are they not looking for large money transactions between players (either in one go or in repeated smaller transactions with a macro to avoid detection) and investigating those?

It has recently become VERY hard to buy certain rare things on the exchange as a certain group of items (not going to name in case of making it worse by starting a panic) costing millions have all been bought up and relisted in much larger millions each by people with a very very large amount of money to throw around, this may well be a goldfarmer operation since it makes sense that they would manipulate prices so high to encourage people to buy from them...

When are Cryptic actually going to start tracking and busting the "Real Money Transaction" companies? It's only going to get worse and worse unless something is done... It would seem to be pretty simple to get a lead if GMs incognito offered to buy from these sites (or were able to do a sort of money on a string transaction, where it looked for the goldfarming company that the money is in their account, but the transaction can be cancelled before they actually receive anything) so that they were able to meet the "money mule" characters of the goldfarmers ingame to identify them, and then simply follow the money trail through the database to find out what characters are actually farming the money - probably high level and fully kitted out for farming, meaning you affect their operations a LOT more which would be FANTASTIC PR for Cryptic... Definitely a lot better than other recent actions! I think you might find it quite satisfying too knowing you've actually made a real dent rather than just fighting the spammer tide (which is actually a diversion from the REAL activity they don't want you to be looking at)!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2010, 03:57 PM
good stuff
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Great interviews.
Thank you!

I am not one for the STF episodes. I hope the regular episodes that were hinted at for Season 2 are actually RA5 episodes which can be played solo.

As it is now I am still stuck with Infection Deeper Into the Mystery. Can't seem to beat that part. The ground controls aren't helping the situation. Fortunedly they are working on ground combat.

Maybe one day we could get full 3d movement in space. That would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
nono NO @MrBlades of subspace radio, WRONG QUESTION. :/

The gold spammers are a distraction, a symptom not the problem itself... If you deal with the gold farmers/traders the gold spammers would not have anythng to sell...
Best way to deal with the gold farmers is to kill the demand. People who are found to have purchased "gold" should be punished severely.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Best way to deal with the gold farmers is to kill the demand. People who are found to have purchased "gold" should be punished severely.
In this game they should be forced to use the title "STUPID" so everyone will know they bought from them in a game so easy to do without buying their gold.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Just ban the accounts altogether. If you buy credits, you lose it all.

Make the risk outweigh the reward.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh cool, I was wondering when this was going to come out... Really cool of cryptic to get back to us so quickly...
Hopefully we'll be able to do this again next time we poll our listeners...
Closed Thread