Lt. Commander
Ok all through the days before Beta and during beta the devs said that there would be a place similar to Memory Alpha for the Klingons. Well there isn't..still. There is no crafting for our faction and this is just wrong. And before you carebears poo poo me again by saying the Klingons are warriors. Well the race may be more war like, but somebody has to come up with better weapons and shields etc etc. Since when is this excluive to the Federation. All through the Star Trek series there have been episodes that pointed at Klingon lawyers, diplomats, doctors and scientist. So don't you think it's about time we got to make some of those cool shields that a Lt. Cmdr. gets to use that are better than my Captians blue shields???
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 02:37 AM
I successfully scanned and collected 3 radiaton samples in the KDF star cluster on Tribble. So far, I was unable to get an answer to my question if this was a bug or if it was accidentally released code for Klingon crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
I successfully scanned and collected 3 radiaton samples in the KDF star cluster on Tribble. So far, I was unable to get an answer to my question if this was a bug or if it was accidentally released code for Klingon crafting.
I beleive the awnser is obivious, the Devs in thier rush to give Klingons PvE content thus trying to salvage a large precentage of the player base. Used copy/paste on the mission and edited them to simulate Klingon play.
Hence the usless ability to gather anomolies. Now why they couldnt do this in Beta and at launch is beyond me.
But now we can gather stuff...at least you can sell it, until the give us crafting it amounts to Targ doodoo.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconianknight View Post
Ok all through the days before Beta and during beta the devs said that there would be a place similar to Memory Alpha for the Klingons. Well there isn't..still. There is no crafting for our faction and this is just wrong. And before you carebears poo poo me again by saying the Klingons are warriors. Well the race may be more war like, but somebody has to come up with better weapons and shields etc etc. Since when is this excluive to the Federation. All through the Star Trek series there have been episodes that pointed at Klingon lawyers, diplomats, doctors and scientist. So don't you think it's about time we got to make some of those cool shields that a Lt. Cmdr. gets to use that are better than my Captians blue shields???
I totally agree with you.
If all Klingons really were as simpleminded and foolish as Captain Klaa from Star Trek V, they would never have even INVENTED the Bath'let, they would still use clubs.
Some of the novels indicate the the Klingons did not invent warpdrive but salvaged it from Hur'q ships they had left behind.
Even if that is the case the Klingons must have had a few wise people who managed to find out how they worked and how to build a ship around this new propulsion system.
If the Klingons were just a bunch of angy idiots, they would have tried to club the engine until it gave up and started working again...umm yeah we all know how well that works.
And if there were no Klingon Engineers, they would never have invented the Vor'cha or improved the D7 to the K'tinga.
And that single Klingon Bird of Prey would not have been immune against the Brenn energy dampeing weapon.
So Klingons should have the ability to craft.
Aside from being fair there is enough indication that they are not just foul-smelling brutes who need a user's manual just to holster their disruptor.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I hear you and totally agree.
However my biggest ***** is that BOTH CZ and Daniel Sthal stated in video interviews that Klingons would have something simular to Memory Alpha. Once again we have been lied to, where the hell is it????
Perhaps IF we could leave our little two sectors of star map we could go take Memory Alpha!
But that would be equivalent to taken down the fence hold the dogs back as far as I can tell with Crypic so far.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 08:58 AM
This is a very good question.
And indeed it has been stated klingons would have a system similar to the federation memory alpha, however it is not here.
Although i got to admit, i'd much rather prefure a crafting system involving slave labour of tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
The answer is obvious. Instead of Crafters Klingons should be Thieves. Klingons steal their technologies from other more advanced species. Yes, thieves (industrial espionage?) and assassins. I'm sure that will be in a future update.

Because we all know every good MMO has to have a thieving skill.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
The answer is obvious. Instead of Crafters Klingons should be Thieves. Klingons steal their technologies from other more advanced species. Yes, thieves (industrial espionage?) and assassins. I'm sure that will be in a future update.

Because we all know every good MMO has to have a thieving skill.
Thieves would be a loose term, and if so, how did they get FTL before the punny Federation?
No, not all Klingons are warrior caste. However I agree with the earlier post, and partially with yours,
Slave labor and conquering other races for our labor pool and thier tech. is the Klingon way.
And the espionage idea is supported numerious times in Star Trek cannon.
Good ideas, question is will the Devs listen
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
My doubt was more: Could I scan and collect the anomaly because a) this random system was copied from a Fed system and someone forgot to remove the anomaly - or b) this random system was a test for other KDF systems with anomalies, and a sign that they would also simply re-skin Memory Alpha and call it Klingon Crafting soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
we are getting baking and fishing contests in May.