Lt. Commander
# 1 Aaaargh...Memory Alpha
04-09-2010, 08:50 PM
This will be the last time I gripe about this sort of thing. Even I am getting tired of it.

Just one simple question...where are the white MK IV items needed to craft better items at MA? Stuff available at the exploration stores is green (mostly I think. It's not white is the point), White stuff at Earth Spacedock is MK I and II only, Most items except personal weapons, are MK III at SB 39. None of those items can be updated at MA. Plasma personal weapons are offered at MA do not exist in white form anywhere, let alone in the MK IV version.

MA offers MK IV upgrades, but nowhere can I find these things in white or MK IV.

My rewards to date have all been MK III items at Tier 2, green. All that I find are MK III. Of what use is MA and the effort that goes into scanning anomolies to me?

Tell me if in my numerous trips around the block I am missing something? There appears to be a major disconnect here. I won't use this at all now. It is a waste of my gaming time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 12:23 AM
You get them from drops as you do content. Or you can buy them off the exchange (at inflated costs).

There is another possiblity, if you got a Klingon, you can have that character buy some of the common ships components from the ship vendor and mail them to your Federation character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Sorry to ask such a stupid thing, but I never looked much into the crafting in this game, but are you actually able, if you grind through all the crafting tiers, to craft equipment worth equipping in T5? Maybe even with the possibility to get some money out of this hobby?

Or are the purple daily-equips way superior and all the work was useless?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You get them from drops as you do content. Or you can buy them off the exchange (at inflated costs).

There is another possiblity, if you got a Klingon, you can have that character buy some of the common ships components from the ship vendor and mail them to your Federation character.
Well... I have decided I am gonna quit griping. I've lost perspective. Just want to play the game.

*Sigh* Sadly, the Klingon option is no good. At Tier 2, only MK III items usable for crafting in white are available. No IV's.

Only option then is to hope an item will show up randomly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

mail seems to be bugged at the moment, I can't seem to add items from my Inventory to mail. I drag-n-drop them over to my composed mail message, but it won't attach them.

I've opened a couple bug reports, but still not working last I checked.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2010, 10:28 AM
probably cost a bit...but u can always buy a ship w/ IV weapons, and strip it. Tho, that route would be pricey.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Sorry to ask such a stupid thing, but I never looked much into the crafting in this game, but are you actually able, if you grind through all the crafting tiers, to craft equipment worth equipping in T5? Maybe even with the possibility to get some money out of this hobby?

Or are the purple daily-equips way superior and all the work was useless?
Someone posted the final T5 products. Different variety than the purple daily stuff, bit it's not clear if it is worth the effort over the green badge stuff. (Basiclly it is blue Mk X gear.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker2009 View Post
mail seems to be bugged at the moment, I can't seem to add items from my Inventory to mail. I drag-n-drop them over to my composed mail message, but it won't attach them.

I've opened a couple bug reports, but still not working last I checked.
I can mail white items only. I've tried green and such and no dice. So it's a work around that works out nicely for me.

Also, I've been playing a bit more and have worked my LT. CDR to level 8. In that time, I haven't found a single item I can take to Memory Alpha; however, it hasn't mattered. Having found Green Items and been rewarded with Some Blue items has made MA irrelevant. Actually don't need their stuff.

I understand there is a revision in the works, which may make it a viable part of the game. Right now, I don't need to gripe any more because MA is just taking up space. They do have a pretty facility, though :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
I can mail white items only. I've tried green and such and no dice. So it's a work around that works out nicely for me.

Also, I've been playing a bit more and have worked my LT. CDR to level 8. In that time, I haven't found a single item I can take to Memory Alpha; however, it hasn't mattered. Having found Green Items and been rewarded with Some Blue items has made MA irrelevant. Actually don't need their stuff.

I understand there is a revision in the works, which may make it a viable part of the game. Right now, I don't need to gripe any more because MA is just taking up space. They do have a pretty facility, though :-)
Didn't know about that "feature", I'll check tonight to see if what I'm trying to attach is white, green or blue.

It'd be nice if it gave some sort of error or other message stating why it won't attach.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Someone posted the final T5 products. Different variety than the purple daily stuff, bit it's not clear if it is worth the effort over the green badge stuff. (Basiclly it is blue Mk X gear.)
Searched and found it, thanks. There is really no reason at all to craft in this game. Sad.

And beaker I was always able to mail blue and green items, you might just have ran into a bug since the new mail-patch. They fixed something 2 days ago with it, maybe there are some issues left.
Plus, of course, you can't mail bound items. And some items get bound as soon as you purchase them (for example weapons and equip from badge vendors)