Lt. Commander
# 1 Earth and the Starbase
04-10-2010, 03:56 AM
I'd like the see the Starbase in actual orbit around the Earth. I'd also like the Earth to show actual time and change the terminator accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 04:01 AM
there never going to change it because it's Planet America and for the Star Base being in orbit just look at the internationl Space Station they have to send a shuttle up to move it back into orbit now if the Star Base has Thrusters then yes I would intend to Agree but if they dont well...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus
just look at the internationl Space Station they have to send a shuttle up to move it back into orbit
Wait... link? Last time I checked, it was the Space Shuttle, not the Space Tugboat... I have doubts that the shuttle even has the fuel necessary to move that much mass enough to cause a noticable change in orbital trajectory. I suppose it could be done if they filled the payload bay with extra thruster fuel, but I'm not sure that's ever even been done. Also, how would they do it without breaking the station or putting too much strain on the shuttle's chassis.

Heck, ISS is already at a higher orbit than the shuttle was even intended to go to...

Seriously, link please. I have to see this with my own eyes...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Geosynchronous orbit.
Oh baby that is a hard word to spell.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Geosynchronous orbit.
Oh baby that is a hard word to spell.
Yeah only it seems the sun is also in a geosynchronous orbit around Earth... The OP is mentioning the glaring issue that Earth does not spin, the "terminator" (that is the line between day and night) never moves.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Yeah only it seems the sun is also in a geosynchronous orbit around Earth... The OP is mentioning the glaring issue that Earth does not spin, the "terminator" (that is the line between day and night) never moves.
Well... Earth also have a moon the size of a golf ball in the game.

And has anyone ever seen a planet in game(other than the ones we know are not supposed to have it) that doesn't have a ring and/or a giant asteroid field orbiting it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Well... Earth also have a moon the size of a golf ball in the game.

And has anyone ever seen a planet in game(other than the ones we know are not supposed to have it) that doesn't have a ring and/or a giant asteroid field orbiting it?
Sometimes, I find planets with 3 sets of rings.

Like Saturn?

No, they're not concentric rings. 3 seperate sets of rings entirely. One set is orbiting the equator, one set's orbiting the north pole, the other set's orbiting the south pole.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadarab View Post
I'd like the see the Starbase in actual orbit around the Earth. I'd also like the Earth to show actual time and change the terminator accordingly.
There are more important things to do first.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Heck, ISS is already at a higher orbit than the shuttle was even intended to go to Seriously, link please. I have to see this with my own eyes.
you talk about link where's the link that the space staion is in a high orbit than a shuttle can reach when infact the shuttles do land on the station???
As of 8 April 2010 (2010 -04-08)[update], there are six spacecraft docked with the ISS:[144]

Soyuz TMA-17 is at Zarya's nadir port, the last spacecraft to dock there, having delivered three members of Expedition 23 to the station.[16][145]
Soyuz TMA-18 is at the Poisk docking port, having delivered three members of Expedition 23 to the station.[16][146]
Progress M-03M is at the Pirs docking port, having delivered supplies to the station.[147]
Progress M-04M is at Zvezda's aft docking port, having delivered a cargo of propellant, oxygen and air, water, spare parts and other supplies to the station.[148]
Space Shuttle Discovery is at Harmony's forward port (PMA-2), flying STS-131, ISS assembly mission 19A.[149]
MPLM Leonardo is at Harmony's nadir CBM port.
(Wiki)