Lt. Commander
# 11
04-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I loved Starcraft. I could do ridiculous, beautiful things with the Protoss, and I wasn't too bad with the Zerg, either. I was so excited when I heard about Starcraft 2... Until I heard they were killing lan play and charging for BatttleNet.

Locutus, you can purchase the first campaign and play any race online. The separate games are just separate single-player campaigns.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Umm... There are 3 books.

*polishes her TR-116*
Never Tolkiens decision. It's a single book that got split into three by his American publishers. Go on, take a wild guess why they did that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
That game had better pop out of the box, install itself, then pop back out of my dis drive, give me a back rub and a neck massage and start telling me things to boost me self esteem. How long has it been, 12 years? Imagine if they had taken 12 years with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
Never Tolkiens decision. It's a single book that got split into three by his American publishers. Go on, take a wild guess why they did that.
Actually it's 6 books that got combined into 3....
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilravegirl View Post
I know exactly how you feel, Chat...

Blizz can go to heck.... HECK I SAY!!

^_^
actually it wasnt blizzard that did this. it was their parent company vivendi. the same guys that decided that there were too many servers for WoW and trimmed back the number by 1/4 to 1/3 (apparently never been to lagaron or lagforge)
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I loved Starcraft. I could do ridiculous, beautiful things with the Protoss, and I wasn't too bad with the Zerg, either. I was so excited when I heard about Starcraft 2... Until I heard they were killing lan play and charging for BatttleNet.

Locutus, you can purchase the first campaign and play any race online. The separate games are just separate single-player campaigns.
yeah and iam all about single player, i did alot on bnet but overall i loved the single player and the ability to choose my race and play it out. The fact ill have to dish out "optional" 100 bucks for the special edition and problably another 200 bucks for 2 other editions afterwards because you know theyll have special editions for those...is by far RETARTED. Iam still not sure how ill choose, buy it or not. But I will be getting diablo3 no iffs or buts about it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
yeah and iam all about single player, i did alot on bnet but overall i loved the single player and the ability to choose my race and play it out. The fact ill have to dish out "optional" 100 bucks for the special edition and problably another 200 bucks for 2 other editions afterwards because you know theyll have special editions for those...is by far RETARTED. Iam still not sure how ill choose, buy it or not. But I will be getting diablo3 no iffs or buts about it.
I'm the complete opposite. I loved both Diablo 2 and Starcraft for the multiplayer. They're still two of my most favorite games, which is why I'm a bit sad that I'm going to pass on both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. I don't care how good they are, eliminating LAN play and charging for BattleNet kills it for me. If I wanted a pay-to-play game, I'd find an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I'm the complete opposite. I loved both Diablo 2 and Starcraft for the multiplayer. They're still two of my most favorite games, which is why I'm a bit sad that I'm going to pass on both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. I don't care how good they are, eliminating LAN play and charging for BattleNet kills it for me. If I wanted a pay-to-play game, I'd find an MMO.
Yah I hear yah, and I totally agree with yah, charging for battlenet with a 100 special edition cost is going abit to far. Not only but you know as much as I do there going to have 2 more special editions for the other 2 installments. Talk about greedy much lol.

Thats why Im still on the wall with sc2. It looks amayzing but is it worth it for the price... thats what Im asking myself now

As per diablo3....yah didnt really think about the entire bnet situation there...kinda a downer because I played HUGE diablo3 online. Will have to see, it dosnt come out till next year anyways.

On a seperate note, alot of games now are pay to play...its getting worse if you ask me. Already Im looken at TOR next year, and another mmo called APB "if i recall from electronic arts" or something to that. Thank god for STO and my lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Yah I hear yah, and I totally agree with yah, charging for battlenet with a 100 special edition cost is going abit to far. Not only but you know as much as I do there going to have 2 more special editions for the other 2 installments. Talk about greedy much lol.

Thats why Im still on the wall with sc2. It looks amayzing but is it worth it for the price... thats what Im asking myself now

As per diablo3....yah didnt really think about the entire bnet situation there...kinda a downer because I played HUGE diablo3 online. Will have to see, it dosnt come out till next year anyways.

On a seperate note, alot of games now are pay to play...its getting worse if you ask me. Already Im looken at TOR next year, and another mmo called APB "if i recall from electronic arts" or something to that. Thank god for STO and my lifetime sub.
I've pretty much dropped STO, unfortunately. Moving back home for a few months to help take care of my dad and help with the bills, so money's going to be a bit tight for awhile. I would've already canceled my account, but I'm not sure if I can still get on the forums without an active account.

There are a couple of good MMO's I've been following- both Final Fantasy 14 and The Secret World look great, and should be out this year- but I'm going to pass on them both for now.

Between Dawn of War 2, Final Fantasy 13 and Persona 3/4, I have enough to keep me busy until my family's situated. Hell, living on my own was starting to get boring, anyway. :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Imagine that! Who would be stupid enough to pay 300 bucks for a game up front?