Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 FvK PvP
04-10-2010, 07:34 AM
So I started playing Klingon again, and now I play it most of the time. Reason? I don't die most of the time, I'm simply to powerful for feds. And I know, why Klinks are whining on feds so much when feds are stating obvious = Klinks are OP; It's because they are afraid to loose all that power they have now. They are OP. For example: Shields, I barely ever loose them, how is that ? In real ST, feds of 24th century have most powerful shields, but not here in STO! Why? Because you have to make klink players happy, and make them up for no story? That's crap. I have fed RA5 full escort, with tactical captain, and any klink can easily take me out in two volleys, when I at the same time can barely take 50% of it's shields down. I use a lot of Tactical stuff to reinforce shields and weapons, but it's still not enough. It's boring to lose all the time, In a team or not - it's boring.

I wasted so much time for this game, and it's still so unbalanced that I'm frustrated even when playing as a klingon, simply because of those issues.

Cryptic is doing nothing to balance it, but adding more useless stuff that no one cares about, and trying to fill up their pockets from crappy C-Store items while many fed players simply cancel their subs.
New bridges? what for??? Starship Skins? boring and ugly, and don't bring anything new. Special titles ? pointless, I asw maybe 10 people with them.
I ask where the hell is the logic in those additional bridge packs ? If you could command your ship from a bridge, then maybe it would make any sense, but otherwise it's a complete waste of artistic time, and our money.
You cryptic have to learn a lot about MMORPGs, but I will not be paying money for your basic education.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
So I started playing Klingon again, and now I play it most of the time. Reason? I don't die most of the time, I'm simply to powerful for feds. And I know, why Klinks are whining on feds so much when feds are stating obvious = Klinks are OP; It's because they are afraid to loose all that power they have now. They are OP. For example: Shields, I barely ever loose them, how is that ?
Which ship are u using with these omnipotent shielding? Has got to be a carrier then, everything else and ur statement is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
In real ST, feds of 24th century have most powerful shields, but not here in STO! Why? Because you have to make klink players happy, and make them up for no story? That's crap. I have fed RA5 full escort, with tactical captain, and any klink can easily take me out in two volleys, when I at the same time can barely take 50% of it's shields down.
Here in lies the reason of ur frustration. Ur expectations were not met by Cryptic. U want a undefeatable Federation where as in the series, Klingons get their butts kicked mostly by overwhelming Science used by the Feds. The ships are not OP, the players are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
I use a lot of Tactical stuff to reinforce shields and weapons, but it's still not enough. It's boring to lose all the time, In a team or not - it's boring.
Statements like these make me wonder if u graps the notion of this game at all. Tactical shield reinforcements? Engineers and Science are for better shielding, give it a try. When reading this, u come across as a "I only played a tactical officer", expand ur horizons, tac officers die easy in tac ships, but they also wreak havoc on the battlefield, I've seen Escorts take out Neg'Vars and Carriers in one pass, is that fair then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
I wasted so much time for this game, and it's still so unbalanced that I'm frustrated even when playing as a klingon, simply because of those issues.
Adress ur own expectation management view

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
You cryptic have to learn a lot about MMORPGs, but I will not be paying money for your basic education.
Bye bye
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
While I can agree to some of your post and understand yoru frustration I understand that this is a special IP. From what I take from this you are a "gamer" and enjoy MMOs and other games that allow for player versus player. With this particular game though it draws in a crowd that is not the traditional MMO player. It draws in the people who for the last 20+ years of their lives watched star trek and saw a chance to play star trek. Lots of those very same people that do not normally play MMO's are the ones screaming about OP this and OP that. They lack the real understanding of how a MMO operates.

I agree that some balance is needed but in all honesty Cryptic has been making a very visable attempt to geet information and gather feedback on how they can help repair the balance. I can see how lots of people do not want to wait around for it, or went to check another game out or went back to the game they know while this issue is resolved but I can see at least on the surface Cryptic is trying to be proactive about things.

The real issue is the large amount of people that want things balanced and then the people that want more star trek mythology. That is the juggling act they are trying to deal with. In the mean time OP. I would try to relax and enjoy what you can out of the game. Or just hang on for SWTOR cuz that game is gong to be amazing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-10-2010, 12:45 PM
It's pretty obvious Cryptic doesn't give a ****. They don't post here, they don't communicate (apart from their state of the game stuff which is all fair weather 'it's going swimmingly'). PvP has some serious balance issues and they just don't ... care. At least, it seems so.

I guess they're busy playing their Klingon toons.

Right Jackalope?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
there are so many of theses threads flying about and i posted below in this one http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=149608

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribblerancher View Post
okay... this is really funny.

based upon obeservation of the forums i have come to the following conclusions:

klingon players are complaining about feds being overpowered
federation players are complaining about klingons being overpowered

ultimate conclusion - BOTH MUST BE OVERPOWERED!

therefore, both sides need to be nerfed into oblivian.

i will admit there are more complaints about klingons from federation players then klingons about federation, but statistically it is to be expected since an overwhelming majority of players are federation, so more feds complaining about klingons is to be expected DUE TO THE LAW OF AVERAGES.

seriously, even when you even the playing field, peeps complain about their own faction when pvping against their own faction.

To the OP and others- i have played alot of matches where klingons decimated the federation, and alot of matches where the federation went all kirk on the klingons. furthermore, there were alot of matches where it was a dead even fight most of the way. based upon my experience of a few hundred pvp matches spanning several levels it is not as bad as many make it out to seems. it appears player skill and/or knowledge is a more common factor, as it is with many games.

and before you say it, i have been pwned and have pwned and had drag out fights. i have been Sub NUC beam and viral matrixed, i have been victim to the shield drain build and other affects many consider OP. i just chalk it up to "okay he got me good" and then i go looking for him to avenge my death, and i time my attack when his abils are on cool down.

Oh wait, that means i am doing something so Overpowered, i am using a tactic to attack my opponent when he isnt at his best!!! I should be nerfed to make it fair!!!

i am not a pvp god, i dont even consider myself great at pvp. i just consider myself skilled at it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-10-2010, 03:12 PM
That's just a troll post Tribblerancher, and you fell for it. :p

He is clearly just mocking the posts that discuss how the small hull/shield advantage of the feds doesn't match the utility of cloak.

Look at the captain database for him. He has one fed at only Lt. rank. His main is listed as an admiral (don't know why it doesn't say BG) of the KDF.

http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...acters/rmh1865
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
My profile is here.

I played tactical captain doing all science skills until they introduced respec, and since I love Defiant, I went for full respec to escort. I didn't notice any difference in dying on the arena.

My problem is basically this: I go in fleet escort, head to head against Klingon escort, with all AP cannons, doing at least Alpha + Omega + RFIII = I'm dead, his shields are 50-75% up. This is happening to me most of the time. And this is what I call lack of balance. I have never managed to kill klingon of the same lavel in 1vs1 fight, unless he was 50% done, and with no help from others, although sometimes even that is not enough to take him down.
On the other hand, When I play klingon, I can take out +6 escort/science ships easily and it takes a bit longer to take out a cruiser, but no problem. And I die only if there's many attackers sitting on my back, though even then I can just run away and cloak. And as a klingon, I'm only Lt.Cmdr, where my Fed is a RA5.
I did klingon just for the fun of a test, to see by myself whether klingons are overpowered or not.

So, can anyone tell me what's wrong with my Fed char, that I can never match average klingon of the same level ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-10-2010, 05:02 PM
This is not an issue to me, I play pretty much the same Tac/Cruiser build on my Fed Admiral 5 as I do on my Klingon BG5 and its win some loose some.

What I do see is Feds can Lvl up through PVE and Klingons mostly lvl through PVP. This has been brought up so many times I can t count them....Klingons are better at PVP because they are used to it at least for a while anyway. Dont expect to arrive at Admiral lvl and do dailies using your PVE builds they just dont work mostly because you are inexperienced at PVP. (incorrect console choices, skill choices to match BO skills)

I've seen fed groups utterly destroy in PVP whilst playing my Klingon and its down to group balance the same as most other MMO's out there.

Please dont cry foul in a game that is actually quite balanced in end game PVP and take another look at your skill layout and the respective forums for the class you play, there is a wealth of knowledge in those forums and it may be handy to those just venturing into PVP.

Have fun,

Oh and Dizzident you might want to take a look at the dev tracker from time to time. They do post in the forums and they do read them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Well whaddya know, I didn't even know that profile thing even existed, I've learnt something new today.

Sorry slightly OT, but there ya go.

I was sci/sci ship since headstart, but switched over to escort recently (I was tired of using the Big 3 to win so felt like a change of pace). Using a full AP setup and build, I usually open up with Beam Sub Target Engines 3 (followed by 2 if I failed to immobilise them), get behind them and then hit omega and RF and nuke away. 1 vs 1 that can usually drop me most klingon ships, and bop's certainly. This of course is not taking into account any shenanigans with RSP and the like, although with any luck I get them down low enough to finish off with a ram.

I've always been of the opinion that the difference between feds and klingons is down to levelling culture. Until such time as the majority of Klingons are levelling almost exclusively through PvE - sorry, interesting and varied pve with a single player storyline - then Klingons will have the advantage of experience, and experience goes a long way in any game.

This of course is just my view of it and you have no need or requirement to subscribe to said view and I respect your choice if you choose not to.

Even though you're wrong ^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Watch this and see what teamwork gives you.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 PM.