Lt. Commander
# 11
04-10-2010, 04:49 PM
And Sunglasses too! There is a distinct lack of sunglasses in the future. You would think it would be standard issue for away teams going to "well-lit" planet surfaces. The ONLY instance of sunglasses I've seen in ST was when Archer went to Vulcan, apparently they became obsolete by TOS era. But lets face it, Starfleet uniforms look awesome with Sunglasses.
<------See?
(EDIT: oops I'm still in my bunny outfit, lol)

(btw, Sisko did wear a baseball hat on the holodeck, don't know if that counts)
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I agree on needing hats. I want cute berets, garrison caps, peaked caps, pith helmets, and fedoras. Maybe a ushanka or bowler as well.

I would also like to see other hair or head ornaments like bows, hairbands, and hair bobbles.

And I wanna wear these hats and hair accessories on duty.
No top hats? No funny little novelty anime hats? It's like I don't even know you anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
No top hats? No funny little novelty anime hats? It's like I don't even know you anymore...
Well I am looking for on duty hats, so some quasi-military hats.

And how am I expected to explore strange planets without a proper explore style pith helmet?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well I am looking for on duty hats, so some quasi-military hats.

And how am I expected to explore strange planets without a proper explore style pith helmet?
Alright, you've got me there. You'll need something to block out the excessive lens flare, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
Now I know why Mario and Luigi didnt join starfleet!
QFT

10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2010, 07:41 AM
STO uses the Champions engine so hats can be made available easily.

And worf wears a Cowboy hat in one TNG episode and also when they do Robin hood they wear hats wih feathers
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
STO uses the Champions engine so hats can be made available easily.

And worf wears a Cowboy hat in one TNG episode and also when they do Robin hood they wear hats wih feathers
If they're the same as the hats in City of Heroes, no, thanks. The hats and the hair are one piece there, so you have no control over your hairstyle if you add a hat. You get whatever options they gave for a given hat, and that's it. So if your character has a shaved head, but you want a hat, too, you get whatever regular hair they put under that hat.

But if they could make hats separate items, and define which hairstyles aren't compatible with hats (due to clipping/intersecting), I'd be interested. Both on-duty and off.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
If they're the same as the hats in City of Heroes, no, thanks. The hats and the hair are one piece there, so you have no control over your hairstyle if you add a hat. You get whatever options they gave for a given hat, and that's it. So if your character has a shaved head, but you want a hat, too, you get whatever regular hair they put under that hat.

But if they could make hats separate items, and define which hairstyles aren't compatible with hats (due to clipping/intersecting), I'd be interested. Both on-duty and off.
Champions has the hat and hair as two separate pieces. There is a limited set of hairstyles for use with hats, but they are separate pieces. STO seems to have more in common with Champions' character creator then it does with City of Heroes', so I would imagine that the hat and hair would be separate pieces.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2010, 09:01 AM
On of my characters definitely needs a sombrero.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Maybe this does not count, but you had it coming! >>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLOiwwyA-ts