Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Champions has the hat and hair as two separate pieces. There is a limited set of hairstyles for use with hats, but they are separate pieces. STO seems to have more in common with Champions' character creator then it does with City of Heroes', so I would imagine that the hat and hair would be separate pieces.
Sounds like that's one of the places Champions Online trumped City of Heroes. That's a reasonable mechanic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Throughout the centuries they finally realized that hats promote baldness.

A young Jean-Luc used to wear a baseball cap all the time before he joined Starfleet. That was the last reported regular donning of non-armored head-gear in the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Throughout the centuries they finally realized that hats promote baldness.

A young Jean-Luc used to wear a baseball cap all the time before he joined Starfleet. That was the last reported regular donning of non-armored head-gear in the Federation.
must have had something to do with his baldness Didn't his brother have a full head of hair?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
What? Of Course there are hats in the Star Trek Universe... Since Data's head goes over a sight and logic unit, you could say his head casing is a hat.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
What? Of Course there are hats in the Star Trek Universe... Since Data's head goes over a sight and logic unit, you could say his head casing is a hat.
If that is your argument then my mallet is more canon than a ball cap.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
hey, whatever works. I also recall Q wearing some wierd hat in the Q Continum Courtroom
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2010, 05:29 PM
yes yes and that stupid taco hat in the french war mockery.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2010, 05:50 PM
But how can my characters look truly awesome without head ornamentation. I need to show that I mean business. I need an object of clothing that says at the same time I am cool, dangerous, and sexy. A discerning hero cannot be seen without this accessory. I am talking about the Nice Hat. It could also work for hair decorations for girls. Seriously, we need these hats and hair decs.

Almost as much as we need ponies.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
But how can my characters look truly awesome without head ornamentation. I need to show that I mean business. I need an object of clothing that says at the same time I am cool, dangerous, and sexy. A discerning hero cannot be seen without this accessory. I am talking about the Nice Hat. It could also work for hair decorations for girls. Seriously, we need these hats and hair decs.

Almost as much as we need ponies.
Don't even get me started on ponies. Seriously, how could Cryptic leave out such an integral part of Star Trek canon?!
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
It is not commonly known, but Captain Pike had a hat in the original TV pilot, but he never used it.

It appears in the background of his quarters and is not easily visible.