Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I wouldnt support this. Fleets are fickle. And annoying. And can be horrible to the morale of this game. To single one out would just be stupid. And anger people at such a level STO hasnt seen before. Including the debacle of the Council (which should be disbanded)

Some of the behavior some fleets in STO has shown is shamefull. Forcing people to pool all their anomalies, even if they may need it their self to level up their useless memory alpha skills, so the "science division" could use them. All it is is organized griefing and cause people to leave the game. Fleets should be used for fun, not profit. Shouldnt make people feel like they are just a pawn or useless because they wont be promoted in their fleet because they havent given their quota of anomalies or they dont show up to in game meetings because they have a life and dont play at 4pm because they are working.

My fleet has 57 unique members. 2 of which are active. Three Bank slots. And we just want to have fun. This is a game. Fleets are for support not competition.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkoomi
All true... numbers don't mean anything if they're not contributing, but its the only fleet I really know about, so its the one I posted.

Sorry, didn't mean for my post to sound like a 'I'm better because...' post.
Not at all... I just felt the need to point that out. Before I and a few others went to make our own fleet we were members of a fleet that randomly we're allowed to invite new members. That in turn resulted in us having filled the fleet in less than a week, but only 10-20 people were actually engaged in the fleet, and the rest we're running their own show, and some we're even gold sellers.

That is why i had to point it out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firix
12th Fleet has many active members, and we got about 10 more over the weekend
Who the heck is 12th Fleet? Are those the guys that tried to do the group photo on Sunday which ended up becoming a disco dance off?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2010, 05:08 AM
anyone can post or boast numbers. what you want to know is who has the largest active fleet where their members are active and in game, voice chat and fleet site. with no more then 14 days of inactivity. now with the activity i dont think there are any fleets can say its over a hunderd.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2010, 05:16 AM
You cant base it on voice chat... Not all have the luxory of being able to do voice.

I for example have to go very quiet because i have 4 weeks old son, how wakes up if sounds go just a little too loud.
Another of my fleet members has his lady sleeping next to the computer, so if he did he would wake her up.

But the rest i can generally agree with.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
anyone can post or boast numbers. what you want to know is who has the largest active fleet where their members are active and in game, voice chat and fleet site. with no more then 14 days of inactivity. now with the activity i dont think there are any fleets can say its over a hunderd.
This is why I chose a small casual fleet, that has no other rules besides "behave and have fun." All these extra rules, like "you have to participate is x fleet actions in a month," or "you have to post x times on the forums," or "you have to sign this thread if you are going inactive for more than a week" make fleets a lot less fun for me. Real life takes up so much more time, and is so much more important.

Please don't misunderstand. I am not to looking down at those who choose and enjoy these types of fleets. If you are a member and enjoy it, good for you.

I guess my point is that no fleet should get preferential treatment based on the number of members, the number of active members, the date the fleet was created, or the number of letters in the fleet's name. Fleets are meant to add a social aspect to the game, where you can meet new people who have the same ideas of how this game is fun, and you have an easier way to find a team to play with.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok, after reading all the responces I can see I have been misunderstood. I would just like to have a fleet symbol on our ships and a com badge would be cool too. I want every fleet to have this ability. Not just ours. My fleet is at just over 215 now and still growing. We have no rules other than help eachother learn and have fun. Dont put tribbles in the bank. We have no madatory anything. Its just a big club for folks to make friends and find help for missions.

That one fleet over 500, wow. Thats crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Lee View Post
Ok, after reading all the responces I can see I have been misunderstood. I would just like to have a fleet symbol on our ships and a com badge would be cool too. I want every fleet to have this ability. Not just ours.
This is why everyone (or at least I) thought you were looking for preferential treatment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Lee View Post
I have a fleet that is now 175 members strong and growing. I would like to know if there is a way to find out if this is the largest fleet in STO. If it is, can we get STO to make a special fleet badge for my members.
Anyway, you've corrected yourself/backpedaled .

So yeah...good idea. If we can have a fleet logo on our ship, a custom com badge would be cool too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimerx
Our Fleet has over 50 members and growing with active players from around the world. New members joining daily.
Reborn Fleet has wonderful people! We may not be the largest "YET" but we definitely have the best
http://rebornsto.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3005964
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-21-2010, 04:09 PM
ANZCOM, Recently cleaned out alot of our inactive members and currently has 117 active members.