Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
Nice post. Though most would think that Capt Kirk didnt have to work as a team why should they.
Kirk had to cheat to win the Kobayashi Maru test... which is a constitution class cruiser vs 3 coordinated D7 hellbent on attacking.

I can guarantee you that if Shattner played this, even with Nimoy, Takei, Koenig and the rest of the original enterprise crew (playing their star trek characters) they'd fail a 3 on 1 anytime... or would have to cheat.

Kirk's my favourite but even I know he'd get killed against 3 battlecruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthaar
Kirk's my favourite but even I know he'd get killed against 3 battlecruisers.
Nah, he'd pull something out of his nether regions. Maybe he'd challenge the Klingons to a drinking contest. With Scottie representing the Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
This applies to many of the new klingons too. How often i now cant invite people because they either decline or dont allow ivites or the same with requesting invites and i get the replie *team setting is set to closed team*.

The time's here where you actually have to search for people who use teamwork ...good "old" times ...wish they where still here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
I team up but who knows am I going to end up with some noobs going the wrong way,4 of them chasing one ship on the edge of the map or they are just weak and I must share dmg,heal with them..That's why I now find a good team and proceed to the next match with them,team que

For a few days I have blocked team invites cause some dorks were sending me them during combat so imagene this,someone fires rapid cannon fire at you and need to press RSP and team invite pop's up,you get distracted,don't manage to click rsp in time and die
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizhel
This applies to many of the new klingons too. How often i now cant invite people because they either decline or dont allow ivites or the same with requesting invites and i get the replie *team setting is set to closed team*.

The time's here where you actually have to search for people who use teamwork ...good "old" times ...wish they where still here.
bad feds joined the klink side expecting to instantly roll face when they realized how badly fvf went for them.

something about the startrek logo attracts such bad players...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmokin View Post
WHY? Did you not read the PVP sticky here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115814

Why? Is it a huge deal to fight as a group?

I realize many playing this are new to PVP (thats the only logical reason I can think of ). So if your not going to fight in cohesive groups and insist on soloing (I admit soloing can be fun), please meet minimum Federation performance standards.

Why do you not have AT LEAST one reverse shield polarity?
Why do you have no way to break mezzes?
Why do you shoot the big cruiser with RSP and pulse feedback up when there are enemy escorts in range? For that matter, unless its destruction is imminent, why do you shoot at cruisers at all when birds of prey/escorts are in range? It is ok to change targets.
Why will you not toss someone a heal that is getting focus fired?While the enemy are shooting at them, they are not shooting at you.
Why do you try to take all 5 places in the capture and hold maps when its a close game? We need 3 spots. Take 3, hold them, we win. Make sure the 3 are on one side of the map as well, please.
Why do you warp into a Klink ball solo if your A) not trying to tank (requires some teamwork) or b) have no defensive cooldowns up? You fly to them, they are at full power and you will start at 0. Have a bit of patience and they will come to you, trust me.

Take a few minutes, a piece of paper and pen and warp to Sol base. While in space press p. Mouse over each and every ability that comes up. see what skills, abilities and gear support the moves you have chosen. Deflector dish is not the same as deflector field is not the same as deflectors. Write down what moves you are going to use and what buffs them to the max. Now look at your skills. Are your points spent fully supporting your moves? If not, please consider a respec while there at SOL. I see two players with the same basic ship set up and one lasts longer, hits harder, flys faster and out heals. The issue is skill point allocation.

As an aside, Klingons can cloak. I know, shocker. Complaining in zone chat that a klink escaped you by cloaking or surprised you by decloaking only makes you look dumb. As the game evovles, diferent moves will be buffed and nerfed. If you get PWND because some uses an "overpowered" move, it is legal. I don't like it and won'tt use them myself but it happens, respawn and get back in the fight. Your best revenge is now that the cooldowns spent, go kill him. A team of five, working perfectly together and knowing all the ins and outs of this game will still occasionly get destroyed. Its ok, it happens.


I don't mean to rant and I am definetly not one the best fed pvprs but I Know I contribute to my teams victories because I at least do the basics. In my opinion, at this time the Klinks are winning the majority of contests. I does not have to be that way. Would you have your children and your childrens children grow up under the Hand of Qnos? Lets take a moment to regroup, get our sht together and then take it to them!

I'm off to take my bloodpressure pill. Thanks for reading

I have to agree completely with this post. I am also not a pvp expert, but i know enough to know that chrging in and getting killed solo time after time is not the way to go. Its not the cloaking device that is killing us its the fact that no one waits for all the players to get there, forms a team or discusses tactics or stratagy with any one else..........................
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-16-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
bad feds joined the klink side expecting to instantly roll face when they realized how badly fvf went for them.

something about the startrek logo attracts such bad players...
yes, this is a problem for us, vs a decent team i cannot carry a full grp of these people.

Still on the bright side, rolled myself a lvl LC6 (highest lvl feddie i have ever had) last night to do some pvp, and out of the 7 matches i had we won 4, one was 5k v 4F an we lost 15-9, but i reckon if the others realised that the swirely picture was an engi team an can be used to heal we would have won that match too. All in all so far i am not seeing this t1 is soooo unbalanced thing, tho the miranda is crap i will give you that, could be that i am only seeing those really bad feddies at t1 in klingon ships however so will need to play more matches
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmokin View Post
WHY? Did you not read the PVP sticky here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115814

Why? Is it a huge deal to fight as a group?

I realize many playing this are new to PVP (thats the only logical reason I can think of ). So if your not going to fight in cohesive groups and insist on soloing (I admit soloing can be fun), please meet minimum Federation performance standards.

Why do you not have AT LEAST one reverse shield polarity?
Why do you have no way to break mezzes?
Why do you shoot the big cruiser with RSP and pulse feedback up when there are enemy escorts in range? For that matter, unless its destruction is imminent, why do you shoot at cruisers at all when birds of prey/escorts are in range? It is ok to change targets.
Why will you not toss someone a heal that is getting focus fired?While the enemy are shooting at them, they are not shooting at you.
Why do you try to take all 5 places in the capture and hold maps when its a close game? We need 3 spots. Take 3, hold them, we win. Make sure the 3 are on one side of the map as well, please.
Why do you warp into a Klink ball solo if your A) not trying to tank (requires some teamwork) or b) have no defensive cooldowns up? You fly to them, they are at full power and you will start at 0. Have a bit of patience and they will come to you, trust me.

Take a few minutes, a piece of paper and pen and warp to Sol base. While in space press p. Mouse over each and every ability that comes up. see what skills, abilities and gear support the moves you have chosen. Deflector dish is not the same as deflector field is not the same as deflectors. Write down what moves you are going to use and what buffs them to the max. Now look at your skills. Are your points spent fully supporting your moves? If not, please consider a respec while there at SOL. I see two players with the same basic ship set up and one lasts longer, hits harder, flys faster and out heals. The issue is skill point allocation.

As an aside, Klingons can cloak. I know, shocker. Complaining in zone chat that a klink escaped you by cloaking or surprised you by decloaking only makes you look dumb. As the game evovles, diferent moves will be buffed and nerfed. If you get PWND because some uses an "overpowered" move, it is legal. I don't like it and won'tt use them myself but it happens, respawn and get back in the fight. Your best revenge is now that the cooldowns spent, go kill him. A team of five, working perfectly together and knowing all the ins and outs of this game will still occasionly get destroyed. Its ok, it happens.


I don't mean to rant and I am definetly not one the best fed pvprs but I Know I contribute to my teams victories because I at least do the basics. In my opinion, at this time the Klinks are winning the majority of contests. I does not have to be that way. Would you have your children and your childrens children grow up under the Hand of Qnos? Lets take a moment to regroup, get our sht together and then take it to them!

I'm off to take my bloodpressure pill. Thanks for reading
Instead of addressing the players, why not address the developers? The fault in this completely unbalanced PvP is theirs, and only they can fix it. No offense, but one side with cloak and the other without it is the most shockingly stupid design ever conceived.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMurff View Post
Instead of addressing the players, why not address the developers? The fault in this completely unbalanced PvP is theirs, and only they can fix it. No offense, but one side with cloak and the other without it is the most shockingly stupid design ever conceived.
nope not really, its the same way with stalkers in COX and us good guys crush them all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
yes, this is a problem for us, vs a decent team i cannot carry a full grp of these people.

Still on the bright side, rolled myself a lvl LC6 (highest lvl feddie i have ever had) last night to do some pvp, and out of the 7 matches i had we won 4, one was 5k v 4F an we lost 15-9, but i reckon if the others realised that the swirely picture was an engi team an can be used to heal we would have won that match too. All in all so far i am not seeing this t1 is soooo unbalanced thing, tho the miranda is crap i will give you that, could be that i am only seeing those really bad feddies at t1 in klingon ships however so will need to play more matches
the miranda is a bloody deathtrap, it is THE ship that filmers and designers go to when they need to blow things up. Wrath of Khan, wofl 359, 90% of the ds9 battles, first borg invasion... you name it, they blew a miranda up in it. Hell, Admiral Quinn isn't saying "We need you!", he's saying "heres a flying coffin, go kill yourself".


and based on the average ability of t1 pvpers (both sides), I'd say that thats not a misleading order. /rant

really though, at those levels, one or two people can really drag the team to a victory, even if they're kicking and screaming the entire time.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.