Lt. Commander
So, to start this off, I support my friend, second I hope you all will after reading this.

The Chat on IRC is where we start.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6269/enough.jpg

I'll sum it up if ya don't want to read all that.

My friend was just having a DICUSSION on IRC About Why Klingons don't want to play anymore, and after awhile, I guess one of Cryptic's guys felt he was crying, but he wasn't, he was giving constructive criticism of the game, his response?

Cryptic_Falkoren > What I really don't understand is that since you play with everyone on the same server, why people don't roll both a Klink and a fed, if they want to pvp they play their klink, if they want to pve they play their fed and do STF's.

Thatís the rest of the conv.

Cryptic_Falkoren > That suggestion was a could and my lack of understanding why that during the interim of new content instead of QQ'ing they could do something that has entertaining value

wow. Thatís really all I had to say when I first read it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Nope.

first rule of fight club, never pick a fight with a dev, you will always loose.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Don't ever use the name of the Chat wrongly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Nope.

first rule of fight club, never pick a fight with a dev, you will always loose.
He never "picked" a fight, troll somewere else

PS: Chat, didn't mean to
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
/bump, need to read this
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Hmmm...after reading it.....edited text is obviously edited...we don't know what got left out.

Devs might not be in IRC too much if a big stink is raised about it.

And I didn't really see anything worth quitting over....Of course...I am a lifetime so *shrugs*

Now Gaston bring me my Hunting Salami!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Despite the fact you posted this in TF I will be merciful towards your plight.

I will say this, while your last comment probably wasn't the best one to choose the Dev commentary does seem rather disturbing. Is that the full conversation or did you edit it in any manner?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
Despite the fact you posted this in TF I will be merciful towards your plight.

I will say this, while your last comment probably wasn't the best one to choose the Dev commentary does seem rather disturbing. Is that the full conversation or did you edit it in any manner?
He didn't but if you read the image there is a definate gap where something was said cause he starts a statement with and. Plus a time gap.

Tough to tell if it was important or not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharperifle View Post
He didn't but if you read the image there is a definate gap where something was said cause he starts a statement with and. Plus a time gap.

Tough to tell if it was important or not.
When you are a Developer or GM, and you refer to a customers criticism, be it constructive or not, as "QQ'ing" you have gone too far. Regardless of what the rest of the conversation entailed, it was going too far.

Had I ever said that to anyone during my days as a GM in Everquest, I would have been canned, and I was volunteer. I couldn't imagine repercussions if I had been a paid employee.

One rule stands in front of anything that anyone can ever say, Dev and Fanboi alike.

The customer is allways, and I do mean freaking ALLWAYS right.

You do not tell them they are wrong, you do not argue with them, and you DAMN sure do not tell them they are crying.

Falkoren, I do not know you, however if this is true and I was your boss, you would be picking gravel out of your backside right now from your 13 story fall from grace.

You just made one nasty mistake. I hope for you this doesn't blow up too big.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams

The customer is allways, and I do mean freaking ALLWAYS right.
No the customer is not always right and I know more than few customers who have been shown the door for simply saying the wrong thing. And they deserved to be shown that door.