Lt. Commander
There are a few rules and guidlines to entering the Unofficial Ten Forward Ship Design Contest:

1. All designs must be an original design. No pre-existing designs will accepted

2. Design must be one of the poster's own works unless otherwise stated.

3. This is open to everyone. There are no international restrictions.

4. All entries will go before a set of judges. To ensure fairness to everyone, I ask judges not to enter a design in the contest.

5. Contest starts from the minuite this was posted untill Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM EST (GMT -5)

6: To ensure entries are judged in the right catagory, please include which of the below catagories your entry best futs under.

Hand Drawn
Computer Generated Designs
Physical Models

7. Any kind of space worthy ship design is acceptable.

8. And above all, remember to have fun.

It is optional if you want to include what materials/software was used in the creation of your entry.

Judges:
Diella
Captain Butters

There will be an in-game prize of 25,000 Energy Credits to each of the winners in the three catagories.

In addition, it has been suggested that we have a pot as well. The total pot will be divided evenly among the winners as closely as possible. If you wish to add to the total of the pot, include the amount along with your entry.

The pot will start at 13,000 EC.

Pot:
1,033,000 EC

If I have placed the entries in the wrong catagory, please let me know.
Entries:

Computer Generated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schorfi
Hand-Drawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueroguekyles

United Federation of Planets
Zenith-class Heavy Cruiser
PATHFINDER: U.S.S. Zenith
Registry: NX-94780
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_profiles.jpg

Physical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
The Aftershock!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iZPS-kyn-8

The ship is a physical model. You can see it by watching my UFO video in my signature. Most of you already have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll enter my Arizona Class design.

Physical Model

Arizona Class Design

Materials used:
Cardboard, 1/2 Litter Lemonade Bottles, 2 Litter Soda Pop Bottles, Lays Chip Can, Monocoat, Hot Glue
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
there are also some "Canon" things we have to deal with...it must have no more than 3 Shuttlebays, and the ability to saucer sep. it is pink, with ponies and flowers. That it has a tenforward suggests that deck 10 has a large bay of windows, and that it has at least 10 decks. Several parts of the ship claim to run from stem to stern so it may be flat-ish, though claimed to have very large bowels with Corban Lewises in them. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
I'll enter my Arizona Class design.

Physical Model

Arizona Class Design

Materials used:
Cardboard, 1/2 Litter Lemonade Bottles, 2 Litter Soda Pop Bottles, Lays Chip Can, Monocoat, Hot Glue
But can she cook? That is the question...

Also Chat is putting down 100,000 EC into the pot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
But can she cook? That is the question...

Also Chat is putting down 100,000 EC into the pot.
Depends on waht I'm cookin'.

EC has been added to the pot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Does it have to be a Star Trek themed vessel? I have several that are not Trek themed that could be used.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Does it have to be a Star Trek themed vessel? I have several that are not Trek themed that could be used.
Preferably, but mainly as long as they're designed as space faring vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
what about space battleships?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Greeting all I am pleased to be selected as your judge. I look forward to all the designs and hope everyone enjoys themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Solar-class Star Cruiser

In the late 22nd century as the Unification Wars ground to a halt, The Solar Imperium recognized the need for a heavy warp-cable warship. The only reason the poorly armed and armored warp vessels of the day had been able to subdue the Outer Colonies was because of the relatively unguarded nature of the Colonies. However the costly battles against the planetary defenses on Alpha Centauri, the oldest and largest extra-Solar colony, had clearly demonstrated the need for a ship able to hold the line against a prepared and determined enemy. In this.

And with the costly Unification Wars coming to a close, resources to divert to the construction of such a class of ships were becoming available. In 2196 construction started on the SIS Solar in the Luna Spaceport. Within a year, the Solar was making her trial runs across the Imperium and the Outer Colonies in particular. While not a breakthrough by any means, the Solar is an excellent example of the evolutionary engineering techniques of the Imperium. She was one of the largest warp capable vessels of the period and as such had among the largest warp engines of any vessel to this point.

The Solars were also designed and built on a theory of modular constriction and ease of upgradability in order to hasten construction and extend the lifespan of these vessels.

The initial weapon loadout of the Solar was 48 Marksman Focused Neutron Rifles in 24 dual beam turrets and 32 Reynard III Dual Use Missiles. The proven Reynard missiles proved equally capable against space and ground targets and could be fitted with a variety of conventional, sub-munition, fusion, or antimatter warheads. Within a decade the Marksman Neutron Rifles were replaced with Heterodyne Particle Rifles. The ship could carry up to 6 shuttles.

Initially fitted with Echler Field defenses backed up by Plasteel fused armor, the same upgrade that introduced the Heterodyne Particle Rifles also replaced the Echler Field with a Reventine Energy Shield. Their Antionic Power Cores produced prodigious amounts of power, much of which was diverted to batteries in the event of an emergency.

The Solars initially could remain away from a base for up to four months, assuming she would not need to restock missiles. Later improvements in power systems and cryonics improved this to eight months, but three months remained the standard patrol for the class. In times of emergency there is however records of Solars remaining on duty for a full Standard Year. They boasted a crew complement of 250 and additional room for up to 1000 more, usually ground troops or civilian evacuees (see Eporian Crisis).

The Solar class and it's many variants remained active in the Imperium's Star Fleet for 180 years, the last being the SIS Vanguard, stricken from the active list after two decades as a training ship. Dozens of Solars remain as museums across the Imperium and the parts of many more, most notably their power cores, remain in service in planetary and orbital facilities. In all, some 596 Solars and their variants were constructed.