Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Gutted.

Myself and 4 others in a PUG just spent hours running through The Cure. We finally made it through and beat the last Borg Boss only to find the final "Speak to Ja Rod" objective could not be completed because Ja Rod was nowhere to be found.

He should have been stood near (or on) a platform at the back of the final area but following the fight he was nowhere to be seen. Despite being there when the last fight began.

We were all totally devastated

We aborted and beamed out - and returned to the surface - ran all the way to the end (no small feat in itself) to see if he had reappered and no joy.

So, anyone else seen this?

Is there any way for a GM or someone to clear the mission as complete for all of us?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Yep I was there and it was sad. Another 4 Hours wasted
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
just had this myself, quite annoying... at least give ja'rod 500m hp so he doesnt die pls
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Yup, I've seen this and heard about it ingame. Dissapointment is total when this sort of thing happens.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Look in the tree... (Im not kidding).

Sometimes he moves away... far away or even into trees...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm not kidding. He was gone. We searched everywhere, for ages and ages.

A few of us even tried the "/target_Ja-rod" (or whatever the correct command is) to try and target/locate him, which is usually a good way to force-target a named NPC in the area.

He'd vanished completely.

Apparently, someone mentioned it was possible for him to take damage and die during the last fight. If so - thats likely to be what happened.

If this is by design then one of the objectives should clearly say "Protect Ja-Rod" or something to that effect.

If its not be design then it needs to be fixed.

Either way - I'm still annoyed by the fact this happened and the apparent unwillingness from anyone to help the team when this occured.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
I'm not kidding. He was gone. We searched everywhere, for ages and ages.

A few of us even tried the "/target_Ja-rod" (or whatever the correct command is) to try and target/locate him, which is usually a good way to force-target a named NPC in the area.

He'd vanished completely.

Apparently, someone mentioned it was possible for him to take damage and die during the last fight. If so - thats likely to be what happened.

If this is by design then one of the objectives should clearly say "Protect Ja-Rod" or something to that effect.

If its not be design then it needs to be fixed.

Either way - I'm still annoyed by the fact this happened and the apparent unwillingness from anyone to help the team when this occured.
Exactly same thing happened to my team. Hugely disappointing, annoying and waste of time.

This "sorry, can't do anything, start from beginning" attitude from devs is going to kill this game very fast.

*sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I've handed this off to be looked at.

Thanks for the info on what might be happening to him, and the attempted targeting. That was quite helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey litana dunno if my fleet mates have posted this but it happened earlier to us as well in the cure. What happened was jarod was flung from his force field by the green sphere like domes which the borg boss uses. The first time round we pulled him to the left into the pool and he was about 50 to 100 meters from jarod. Second time round we killed the first borg group infront of him then pulled the boss all the way out (backwards) to where the path splits left/right. Jarod should not be flung out of his force field from these domes ! also the borg towards the end still have names with borg_beamin.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Posting to confirm the posts above: Ja'rod can get pushed up through his cage in the later stages of the borg boss fight by the repulsor bubbles.

This was also the first time our group witnessed a storyline NPC get killed or vanish during a mission. I'm assuming (as posters above me do) that this isn't intentional but rather an oversight in the mission design.

Slightly off-topic: I was admittedly disappointed that the only responses our group received were either "Please try to abort and drop the mission and re-do it from start" or "We've filed a bug report on your behalf". Maybe it was pretentious of me to expect a Q-like being pop up amidst our crestfallen group, ask us pointed questions and write the answers down into a PADD (for the devs) and then etiher...
* reset and respawn the bugged NPC, allowing us to continue the quest,
* update our quest progress and ask us the leave the system so we can enter the next stage of the questline,
* or even prepare and transfer us into another instance at the earlier quest stage where we could attempt to re-create what exactly went wrong by starting the boss fight again, observing what happens to Ja'rod.

It's not uncommon for mobs/quest NPCs to get stuck or become confused. These things happen. I would have just expected the GMs to have more powerful tools than bug reporting interface available to assist a group in need of an omnipotent intervention.

I hope this particular bug gets flagged as a high-priority one. I don't think our fleet wants to attempt the mission again until the bug has been acknowledged and a fix is posted in Release Notes.