Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
I was there when it happened and now I just tell everyone not to release him untill the Boss and all Borg are dead.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone,
I started looking at this as soon as I heard about it and have found the issue. Thanks for all the bits of info, it really helps track these things down. He had been set up with some environmental safeguards to prevent this from happening but there was an edge case in the powers that didn't show up in our internal testing or on Tribble.

I've added extra fail-safes to Ja'rod that will stop him from getting broken. It'll go through internal testing to make sure it works (and doesn't break anything else inadvertently), then get into the first build opportunity we have for Holodeck. The patch notes will point out when it goes live.

In the meantime, fighting Armek far away from Ja'rod should help keep him from getting hit and going missing. (Make sure you aren't near Ja'rod and all of the players are closer to Armek then Ja'rod is.)

-Continuum
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Thank you, Continuum.

(((possible spoiler detected)))

As an update, our fleet decided to tackle the mission again last night. This time we made sure that we fought the end ground boss well away (50+ m northwards) from Ja'rod's location. With this safeguard in place, Ja'rod was no longer in any danger of getting accidentally pushed out, and we indeed completed the mission succesfully.

Pulling the boss away in this manner is downright dangerous, but until the fixes are on the production server (and until the boss adapts to these tactics), I would hesitanty recommend these kind of cautionary measures.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Unable to Speak to Ja'rod cause the klingon ran away can't complete THE CURE !.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2010, 02:17 AM
where is the 24 / 7 in game Support
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
I've added extra fail-safes to Ja'rod that will stop him from getting broken. It'll go through internal testing to make sure it works (and doesn't break anything else inadvertently), then get into the first build opportunity we have for Holodeck. The patch notes will point out when it goes live.
Just wondering -- has the fix gone live on Holodeck yet?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
I've handed this off to be looked at.

Thanks for the info on what might be happening to him, and the attempted targeting. That was quite helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum
Hey everyone,
I started looking at this as soon as I heard about it and have found the issue. Thanks for all the bits of info, it really helps track these things down. He had been set up with some environmental safeguards to prevent this from happening but there was an edge case in the powers that didn't show up in our internal testing or on Tribble.

In the meantime, fighting Armek far away from Ja'rod should help keep him from getting hit and going missing. (Make sure you aren't near Ja'rod and all of the players are closer to Armek then Ja'rod is.)

-Continuum
So in the meantime what about all the players that spent hours to only find they can not complete the mission? Cyptic needs some real customer support with GMs that actually contact players in game and takes care of thier problems in game so players can continue on. Not an auto-response hours later.

So is it the GMs are incompetent? too stupid? or lack the tools (that is stupid in itself)? to handle players problems in game. I have played several MMOs run by different companies and all of them would have had a GM pop in game, fix the mission so players could have complete it, also passing it on to get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
fix went live a long time ago, this thread needs closing