Lt. Commander
I have noticed that my BO's have several abilities yet can only use the first one. Is there a way to move them around so I can use the other abilities? I also noticed this on my Captains Kits, that they can do other things, yet can only do the first one. Same question for them as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2010, 02:14 PM
You can't move the abilities, but you can increase the bridge officer's rank.
Every rank you increase allows you to put points into the next highest level abilities for your bridge officers.
The station they stand at on your ship will determine the skills they can potentially use on your ship.
However, you can promote them to a higher rank if you want them to use certain ground abilities they may have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2010, 02:39 PM
you can expand your hotkey panel by clicking on the little datapad looking icon. i believe its at the top right corner of the panel. then hit "p" to pull up your abilities list. drag the ones you want down to the hotkey panel. "p" works for space abilities when you are in space and for ground abilities when you are on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
What I think the OP is trying to get at, is that he already probably promoted his BOs, and is in his Tier 2 ship, but his BO's Lieutenant skills are not available to be used (no icon to click) when he is onboard ship.

I had a similar quandry, especially when I had two Engineer BOs, but only one of the Engineer's Lieutenant ability/skill/power icon was displayed for me to click.

The answer is in two places:

In the 'Assignments' tab, in the 'U' Status page, you will see the drop downs to assign which BO to a particular ship's console.
Above this, the console will be labeled: "Lieutenant Engineer/Tactical/Science Console", or "Ensign Engineer/Tactical/Science Console"
If you assign a BO to a "Lieutenant" console, their Lieutenant ability icon will be displayed and usable onboard ship.
If you assign a BO to a "Ensign" console, -ONLY- their Ensign level ability will be displayed and clickable.

The second place to find the answer is in the second level above the ship requisitions in Earth Spacedock.
There are tactical information stations for each Tier ships available to players, here it shows how many consoles that class of ship has, and what rank level that console can be used (Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, et. al.)

I think that is the answer that the OP was looking for, I hope...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkasa
What I think the OP is trying to get at, is that he already probably promoted his BOs, and is in his Tier 2 ship, but his BO's Lieutenant skills are not available to be used (no icon to click) when he is onboard ship.

I had a similar quandry, especially when I had two Engineer BOs, but only one of the Engineer's Lieutenant ability/skill/power icon was displayed for me to click.

The answer is in two places:

In the 'Assignments' tab, in the 'U' Status page, you will see the drop downs to assign which BO to a particular ship's console.
Above this, the console will be labeled: "Lieutenant Engineer/Tactical/Science Console", or "Ensign Engineer/Tactical/Science Console"
If you assign a BO to a "Lieutenant" console, their Lieutenant ability icon will be displayed and usable onboard ship.
If you assign a BO to a "Ensign" console, -ONLY- their Ensign level ability will be displayed and clickable.

The second place to find the answer is in the second level above the ship requisitions in Earth Spacedock.
There are tactical information stations for each Tier ships available to players, here it shows how many consoles that class of ship has, and what rank level that console can be used (Ensign, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Commander, et. al.)

I think that is the answer that the OP was looking for, I hope...
Kinda.

I guess what I ment to say was, when click a BO (especially a new one) I read his skills. He may have three or so different skills. How do I use the other skills he has or is the first one the only one he can use/train in?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
BO ensign can only use the 1st ground and space skills. To use the 2nd skill you need to promote them to Lieutenant, and for space skill put them in an Lt bridge station. 3rd skill is unlocked at Lt Commander and Last skill at Commander.

You BO's max rank is 1 below yours. Your ship has limited high rank bridge stations.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2010, 05:15 PM
However, for Ground Combat, there are no restriction on skill use, and BOs and can use all combat skills up to their rank Level...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok thanks guys.

Now my other issues: How does my Captain use the other abilities of his kit? He is an Engineer and had a Fabrication Kit. The first one is a Medical/healing doo hickey. The second one listed is a phaser turrent and the third is some kind of shelter. I can click on the medical one all day and he creates that. How does he get that phaser Turrent to deploy?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
You'll probably have to click-drag the other kit abilities from your Powers menu to the hotkey bar.

Press "P" and a pop-up window with a list of all hot-keyable abilities will appear. Scroll down to find the power you want and click and drag that power icon to the hotkey bar.

You should be able to click that hotkey button to activate that kit ability now.