Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
Yeah but if I destroy those Boarding Party Shuttles, the crew inside should be dead, no?
Yeah they don't return to the crew. I'm thinking of using them with my klingon just for the lore aspect of having Klingons storm a federation ship
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Oh - besides Mask Energy Signature of course. I wouldn't use either anyway in my BoP but I do like to see useful skill alternatives for other people.

My two cents - make the boarding party able to beam over instantly (if their shields are down for transporter use).
Boarding party is used for two things, one a deterrent in pvp. This means you have to stop your focus on the main target and attack the little ships or let them sneak in on you when your shield is down and knock something out. So you are not deterred from the main target and get bombed out. The skill is better used in PvE solo or group runs on NPC's.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Oh it's a great skill it just sucks for PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I remember back in Beta how Boarding Parities put people in a perpetual lock (worse than Viral Matrix) and had to be nerfed.

But now, I honestly laugh at people who use Boarding Parties. I even let them board me, because I can quickly repair counter the effects with Teams.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
You can't beam over when shields are up, they'd have to use shuttles or something to do it while they are up.
Unless I'm mistaken, there's several cases in the show where shuttles cannot get past shields either. One case would be where I believe Picard claimed there was a weak spot in the aft shields he could pass through, but in reality, he'd tipped off the Enterprise and they let him through.

So it doesn't really make any more sense than beaming people over.

Anyway, I'd say beaming over is too fast. But the shuttles currently are too slow.

Obvious solution? Make shuttles faster.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Yes "evar" was sarcasm referring to slang. I used it to draw attention to the thread. I don't blame you for being a spelling Nazi. Maybe my native language is not English... (but it is).

I was waiting for someone to make an ass of themselves with that. Thank you so much.

Have a nice day.
my my my my....touchy sort, huh ? Worry not, from the question posed, and the manner of posing, I just naturally assumed you were an immature little sh*t with an inability to spell or think tactically. Perhaps instead of whining about skills, and posting drivel such as the above, concentrate on thinking.

Maybe then - you won't suck. Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-13-2010, 04:45 AM
The reason why boarding parties use shuttles in STO is just because that gives the skill a decent counter. It's a design decission and shouldn't be questioned from a lore standpoint.

In the show boarding actions primarely happen after the enemy ship is disabled and can't shoot back.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks to me, the ONLY person in the game who still uses Beam array fire at will.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
my my my my....touchy sort, huh ? Worry not, from the question posed, and the manner of posing, I just naturally assumed you were an immature little sh*t with an inability to spell or think tactically. Perhaps instead of whining about skills, and posting drivel such as the above, concentrate on thinking.

Maybe then - you won't suck. Enjoy.
Fueling the fire of a flame post... Good one. If by whining about skills you mean I'm saying something used against me sucks, then sure. I never plan to use Boarding Party or Mask Energy Signature myself, I'm just trying to level the playing field for other people and give them viable alternatives to stacking three ranks of the same skill. I even made a meaningful suggestion. Indeed the flame post is drivel but I've put adequate thought into everything I said - surprisingly including the posts I made that actually have substance. Rather than "Maybe then - you won't suck" which is arguably much more thought-provoking. Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
Thanks to me, the ONLY person in the game who still uses Beam array fire at will.
I still use fire at will it can be very handy when other things are on cool down.