Lt. Commander
The PVP quests need better descriptions asap to avoid threads like this:
"My PvP Daily is not counting my space hostile encounters!"

To clarify:
"Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Capture and Hold" counts only for Reclaim Neutral Zone
"Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Arena" only counts for Pacify Enemy Heroes

I'm guessing the idea is that capture and hold is sort of like reclaiming territory, whereas arena more implies killing enemy players (see Heroes). This is just a case of bad labeling on the quests.

However, the existing quest descriptions mention a whole lot about "border skirmish" and "hostile takeover", which is not referenced in any of the PVP queues (at least on the Fed side).
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efaris
The PVP quests need better descriptions asap to avoid threads like this:
"My PvP Daily is not counting my space hostile encounters!"

To clarify:
"Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Capture and Hold" counts only for Reclaim Neutral Zone
"Hostile Engagement (FvK) - Arena" only counts for Pacify Enemy Heroes

I'm guessing the idea is that capture and hold is sort of like reclaiming territory, whereas arena more implies killing enemy players (see Heroes). This is just a case of bad labeling on the quests.

However, the existing quest descriptions mention a whole lot about "border skirmish" and "hostile takeover", which is not referenced in any of the PVP queues (at least on the Fed side).
Salvage Operations Large and Small are points you capture and hold. Most of the time it is a big shooting match with the Feds. Waste of time imo since you could kill 2000 ships and get no more points because it is all about holding the space.

Arena is usually 0/15 which ever side gets 15 wins. That is where you shoot it all up not in Salvage but then I don't think everyone knows the difference.

I avoid the feds on my Klingon just to hold space and as much space as i can in Salvage, it is pointless to go charging in unless you are going to help a team mate keep a hold on the space.

I don't ground pvp, the UI for ground just isn't smooth for me. Now that I re-read what you are taking about. nothing in this game is worded correctly half the time. I'd like to see some more fixes there and less of the pretty stuff that isn't really working yet.