Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Disproportionate player numbers:
A quick look at the PVP Queue tells you that a lot more Feds queue up than Klings. So all other things being equal, there will be proportionally more bad players on the Fed side. Is anything in the works to address this? i.e. larger maps/teams so that individual player skill matter less

Maybe it's the time of day that I play but I find far more Klings in PvP queues than Feds. And about 90% of the time when the queue I'm in looks balanced once I get in the Feds are out numbered 2 or 3 to 1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2010, 12:10 PM
imo, there seems to be fewer klingons at BG level pvp'n. With the Feds, even with FvF integrated into the pvp match types, the number of players pvp'n dropped from the 150's to below 70s or less.

makes one wonder how many are on tribble still testing out any pvp changes. probably fewer.

Lots of Feds on the whole PvE thing...ooh pve... pvp is not worth messing with, if it conflicts with the pve status of either faction.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waerlogan View Post
Maybe it's the time of day that I play but I find far more Klings in PvP queues than Feds. And about 90% of the time when the queue I'm in looks balanced once I get in the Feds are out numbered 2 or 3 to 1.
I'm actually referring to the fact that there are more Fed players in general than Klingon players.

I can't speak much to the numbers you are quoting, but in general I am referring to prime server time (i.e. 5pm to 12am pst). Also, I am referring to Rear Admiral/Brigadier General rank. I imagine that a lot of people haven't even started playing the Klingon side until just recently with the PVE content rollout.

I made an update at the start of the thread to clarify the above.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druid797
As far as the uncloaking issue is concerned.. my first thought has been that the queue up time for power, i.e. shields, weapons etc, needs to be slowed down just a touch.. just enough to really make the decision as to when and how to uncloak much more tactical and strategic
A better idea is to incorporate the federation alert system - Green Alert, Yellow Allert, and Red Alert - we klingons and one day Romulans will want to catch you with your pants down and not be 100% battle ready able to fire on us the moment we decloak. Its only fair right - Federation don't go exploring with shields up and phasers banks fully charged. Just imagine how the ship your trying to rescue will view that as? Talk about about the diplomatic repercussions that the Federation would have to face.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
no, good feds say that feds are just bad players. good teams can easily win.

this is coming from a fed.
Yep.Ive played both sides and played with some good players from both sides.Or they can just be the same players just the other side!LOL!My fed character is just as effective as my klingon character.Both are killers in their own right and neither can solo a science officer with the crispy skill!LMAO!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I added some of the questions so far into the top of the thread. If you have questions, please phrase it as a question and highlight it in red.

I will try to update the top of the thread with it.