Lt. Commander
# 1 The devs hate lady klingons
04-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Seriously why is it that us ladies can only play two premade races. Sure the klingon races arn't "human" looking. So what Cryptic is saying is that if a race isn't "hot, sexy, or humanlike" then we can't play them? They even said they won't work on a female Gorn avatar! What is it with devs these days and not creating equal female avatars with male counterparts. In the years since I started playing MMOs I've noticed the female population grow so why is it that we're treated like second-class gamers. Its as if Cryptic is saying "girls won't play PvP, so we don't need to worry about female avatars for the KDF."

Honestly there should be female avatars for all races. I'm stuck playing Klingon, Orion, and random creatures. Please cryptic show us you believe in equality.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
The female Gorn wouldn't even need a new model, just a resized (bigger) male one, if I'm not mistaken.

I usually play male characters, but I agree its getting stale to see the same 2 females over and over again, with a lack of clothing options that makes them look alike even more.

Sure, there have never been female Nausicaans and Letheans on screen, but I also can't remember seeing female Tellarites and they are available.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
Seriously why is it that us ladies can only play two premade races. Sure the klingon races arn't "human" looking. So what Cryptic is saying is that if a race isn't "hot, sexy, or humanlike" then we can't play them? They even said they won't work on a female Gorn avatar! What is it with devs these days and not creating equal female avatars with male counterparts. In the years since I started playing MMOs I've noticed the female population grow so why is it that we're treated like second-class gamers. Its as if Cryptic is saying "girls won't play PvP, so we don't need to worry about female avatars for the KDF."

Honestly there should be female avatars for all races. I'm stuck playing Klingon, Orion, and random creatures. Please cryptic show us you believe in equality.
Its not that Cryptic hates Klingons - hates females etc.. - its that they as a company failed to provide a fully fleshed out faction - the first company to ever release 1.5 faction game - and we see how well that went for them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Indeed the fact that we see female telerites is a huge insult! Honestly they couldn't have made female nausicans or lethians? Would it have been that hard? I agree it is boring that there are only two offical races that are female friendly on the KDF side... oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Not only that, but the Klingon females are stuck in skimpy, worthless armor. Even the Duras sisters recognized the need for fully-armored fashion! And Orion females are denied the traditional combat bikinis of their people!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Look the fact is the Klingons are ignored in general, not just klingon female options. I will admit the female options are worse then anything else in the game.
THe general state of their armor is rediculous and as you say if it isn't Hot it isn't an option
The DEVS made alot of mistakes but the school-boy 'it's got to be sexy' mentality shown is even worse. This problem is on my klingon Problem thread so please sign the thread so we can keep it on the front page and eventually get some sort of responce
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2010, 03:14 AM
At least off duty clothing could easily be made available for KDF captains. The character models aren't different than Fed toons, so one size fits all. That alone would improve customization about 249 %. For both genders.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
It works like this: as soon as the Feds get C-Store Gorns there will be (Federation) C-Store female Gorns. Go on the Federation Gameplay forum and you will see thm asking for Gorns and Orions. It's only a matter of time.

Cryptic doesn't "hate" Klingons as much as they ignore them in an incompetent sort of way. Klingons are a 3rd world faction, and like most of the 3rd world they are ignored until there is a crises.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2010, 06:52 AM
At least there are females at all. There were no KDF females at all in closed beta. And we did recently get gloves just like the Fed side. So from my perspective the situation is at least improving, albeit slowly.

But yes it needs a whole lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I hate it how KDF females are completely broken.
Unless you choose alien female you cant even remove the ugly collar.