Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon/Joined Trill
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Why is the Joined Trill becoming a playable Klingon faction with the upcoming S1.1 Update? Is this addition canon-related or is it because of the Digital Deluxe STO versions? If it's for the Digital Deluxe and not canon-related, wouldn't it be more appropriate to add a different canon-appropriate Klingon faction?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
In DS9, there was an episode focusing on the Klingons and Jadzia Dax. In short, Jadzia was going to be working with Curzon's old friends, Dahar Masters Kor, Koloth, and Kang, whom he knew from a long time ago.

It's been implied in that episode that Curzon Dax had seen lengthy times with them, and they had nothing but the utmost respect for him. Dax was thoroughly familiar with the Klingon mindset, language, traditions, and weapons.

This was all before her marriage to Worf.

That's what I'm thinking as to how the KDF can get Joined Trills.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Based off one episode?? (And a marriage?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Cryptic basically added Joined Trill, because Klingon players were complaining about Joined Trills being Federation-only (Liberated Borg was like that too until it was revealed Klingons had Liberated Borg too).

But if they are doing it, apparently someone at Paramount gave the green light.

Though I personally don't like it, because its all based on Dax, who had associations with the Klingons as the Federation Ambassador, but really thats it. Trill is a Federation planet. Then again Orion is a member of the Federation, and they get Orion players as well.

So to be fair, Klingon players can have Joined Trill, if we get Orion slave girls too!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-25-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't really like that idea myself. After all, Jadzia stayed with the Feds when the Klingon Empire broke up the alliance, and didn't suddenly serve on a Klingon ship to fight Cardassia. I would have liked an own, KDF-exclusive species.

But - damage done, so... Quark was married to Grilka for a day or two, can we please have Ferengi in the KDF? Its canon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Quark was married to Grilka for a day or two, can we please have Ferengi in the KDF?
I voutch for that!!! And would do a Ferengie KDF ad hoc!!!

First, I can sell the positions of he feddies in PvP to the KdF.
Then, i can trash em to pieces.
And afterwards, can sell em there junk back to repair there ships!!

War is good for Profit!
Peace is good for Profit!

And if you can't make either, you can make MORE profit :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
I would have liked an own, KDF-exclusive species.
Who or what would be appropriate?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournerX
Why is the Joined Trill becoming a playable Klingon faction with the upcoming S1.1 Update? Is this addition canon-related or is it because of the Digital Deluxe STO versions? If it's for the Digital Deluxe and not canon-related, wouldn't it be more appropriate to add a different canon-appropriate Klingon faction?
If some Klingons work for the Feds, what is so strange about some Joined Trills working for the Klingons? Are there any logical reasons why a Joined Trill might be precluded from thinking the Klingons are taking the threat of the Undine more seriously than the Federation?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I roleplayed with my Ferengi on Drozana some days ago, with mainly KDF toons present. It worked better than it may seem. There are always a few voices screaming "OMG Klingons hate Ferengi, they would never allow them to fly BoPs" and all, but it is war, and in war, you don't ask many questions and take the best deals that come along. Ferengi are devious enough to sell out the Feds any day, and there are enough canon references of Ferengi doing business with Nausicaans and Orions.
In short, I am quite serious about that, I want Ferengi playable in any faction - KDF and future ones. That also goes for other C-Store species that are not member worlds of the Federation. Yridians would come to my mind (Memory Alpha states they are planned as a playable Fed species in STO, and there was a Yridian in a video some weeks ago.)

As a KDF exclusive counterpart to a joined Trill, I would suggest... a Klingon. Feds can pick Trill from the regular species. Just the JOINED Trill is a perk. That's kinda an 'upgrade' and makes a Trill more powerful. So for KDF, I would suggest an 'upgraded' Klingon, for example a Dahar Master with better traits than a regular Klingon. It would also increase the number of Klingons in the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
I roleplayed with my Ferengi on Drozana some days ago, with mainly KDF toons present. It worked better than it may seem. There are always a few voices screaming "OMG Klingons hate Ferengi, they would never allow them to fly BoPs"
We are talking about an entire species here so it seems a curious bit of what, for want of a better word, I would call 'racism' for anyone to suggest "Klingons hate Ferengi"... really? Might I suggest you ask whoever said that to you "All Klingons hate all Ferengi? It that hard wired into their genetic code?"

Cultural prejudices and political allegiances are likely to be rather more fluid than that for some people. A joined trill might well take the view that they are not owned by the Trill government or the Federation government and if they decide to side with the Klingons for some reason, is that so hard to imagine?