Lt. Commander
I was glad when they changed Fleet Action so you can play them at higher rank as well. Finally something to do.
But i was really disappointed when i found out that all you get from them is Mk IX items.
I mean they are fun to do but the rewards you get from them are useless.
And i also have millions of credits so theres no point to just sell them either.

It would find it much better if they would reward you with Mk X items.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I would have to agree with you here. It really seems like common sense that they should drop MK X, and the fact that they drop MK IX makes them neigh pointless.

I read somewhere that the devs were working on loot in general, but gave no specifics on what loot exactly that they were talking about, and they also said it was pretty low in priority. /facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
The thing is ... even if they were MK X they'd mostly be vendor trash too.

Because most RA5's get their gear from requisitions. Especially if they're at the point where they're doing old fleet actions for fun.

If you got a MK X Postitron Deflector Array ... what would you do with it that'd be any different than a Mk IX?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The thing is ... even if they were MK X they'd mostly be vendor trash too.

Because most RA5's get their gear from requisitions. Especially if they're at the point where they're doing old fleet actions for fun.

If you got a MK X Postitron Deflector Array ... what would you do with it that'd be any different than a Mk IX?
Well I will break it down as best as I can.

MX X blues arent vendor trash, but MK IX are. This is because MK IX blue = MK X green. This is why, as you stated, "most RA5's get their gear from requisitions". However, MK X blues do sell, and are useful, because MK X blues > MK X greens you get from requisitions. The trouble is, the only way to get MK X blues is on STFs I believe. Even random drop world blues (EG one that might drop in B'tran) are vendor crap since they too are MK IX.

As for the "MK X Postitron Deflector Array" you referred to. Deflector arrays are one of the few useful epic items you can buy with the daily mission / STF badges, so a MK X blue array would indeed be quite useless.

The weapons that the badge vendors sell on the other hand are all antiproton/tricobalt and whatever. The trouble there is you lose so much speccing 9 points in, that to many, it just is not worth it to even use them over MK X greens.

In a nutshell, improving the loot in fleet actions gives you more variety in productive things to do at RA5 in a game that is severely lacking in them at max level.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlechest
MX X blues arent vendor trash, but MK IX are. This is because MK IX blue = MK X green.
A lot of people still use MK X greens. So MK IX blues are just as useful as MK X greens.

The thing is ... your idea doesn't do anything to make loot more valuable. It just makes it more commonplace and less valuable.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
A lot of people still use MK X greens. So MK IX blues are just as useful as MK X greens.

The thing is ... your idea doesn't do anything to make loot more valuable. It just makes it more commonplace and less valuable.
What about the value of having something productive to do?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:

Ok so you prefer useless loot, and buying stuff for 10 Million credits on the exchange? okay...
Its supposed to be a reward. A reward should make you feel good, not meh-useless-crap ... *replicator recycles*
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Agree.. i tray SB24 fleet action yesterday.. i went second and i get a MK IX green regeneration shield.. i sell it on the replicator, not even bother to do it on a vendor.
Ok, yes, i was second, but the first one didnt got anything better...