Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
It is not (although you'll never get me to divulge which is. )

And for the record, I play an Orion.
I play an Orion too -- so Kestrel please tell who ever does the uniform peices to start adding the Orion NPC peices in.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
You guys have a great start on the Klingon side. I love walking around Qu'onos, the architecture is BEAUTIFUL. I often feel the Klingie side is more star trek because EVERYTHING is alien. I definitely want to see it expanded. There is much in Klingon history and culture that you could explore in the game. Also given that there are clubs of Klingons who like the dress up and speak Klingon, there is definitely a player base you could tap into if you do it well.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Quote:
There is Klingon-specific PvE content in Season 2, including a new Klingon-specific villian group.
Thank the Lord!...Im so tired of the Terran Empire. It feels too much like the evil twin plot device in a Mexican Soap Opera.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesh View Post
Mmm...what?
stories for the clusters...? Lets see, I got something like this in regards to the azlesa expanse

antonette (or whatever): Hey dude, get to azlesa expanse and check out 3 scans.

I go to the azlesa and do the missions and turn in...

and rise and repeat.

There is no story behind it, there is no great adventure, it leads to exacly the 3 missions and then nowhere...what story are you talking about, or is this something thats supposedly coming in patch 2.0?
I think he is refering to the new Star Cluster Exploration Missions. The Azlesa Expanse is just like a Deep Space Encounter for Klingons. The new Nebulas and Star Clusters are more like the Exploration missions for the Federation. Of course, they are written for Klingons, you know stopping intruders, suppressing population revolts, exploiting resources, that sort of thing.

If you have not checked them out lately, you should be cause they can be a lot of fun.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Well ok look, I'm not gonna say that you guys at Cryptic are a bunch of lazy buggers or anything, but a lot of the art for the stuff is in the game as said. Why can't you guys give us a few more "emergency" costumes and give us more access to other space sectors?

It isn't exactly fun right now to fly around in the same tiny little corner of the galaxy time after time right now. You simply can't deny that the KDF side is in serious decline. It's never been easy to find groups for the STFs for example but now it's a proper nightmare sometimes. Maybe it would be a proper idea to allow Feds and KDF to team up in Borg space for those STFs? After all: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragesh View Post
Mmm...what?
stories for the clusters...? Lets see, I got something like this in regards to the azlesa expanse

antonette (or whatever): Hey dude, get to azlesa expanse and check out 3 scans.

I go to the azlesa and do the missions and turn in...

and rise and repeat.

There is no story behind it, there is no great adventure, it leads to exacly the 3 missions and then nowhere...what story are you talking about, or is this something thats supposedly coming in patch 2.0?

Oh and if you even think of the fleet actions like the crystalline entity, forget about it, its good work but it goes unused since Klingons...they don't group...said it time and time again, I almost have to bribe ppl to even run 1st part in infection...forget about fleet actions...

either its wrong in the player base since we have so few PvE'rs or the developers are just not understanding where the klingon player base is at currently.

Let me try again and explain the situation at hand. Since we did not have any kind of PvE viable options for levelling the Klingon BG5's are based a great majority in a playerbase that enjoys PvP. To try and get those players that enkoys PvP more to get to PvE is going to take a smaller miracle or basically make gear worthwhile for them to PvE. Otherwise you can throw away all the time you want on PvE stuff, its going to be wasted on the PvP majority of the playerbase.

Played a Klingon in closed beta - but was not a big fan of the 'PvP for advancement only' aspect. I WAS going to play a Klingon after the '45 Day Patch' because they stated some PvE content (Star Cluster missions) would be in for Klingons. Then - they announced actual Klingon PvE episodes coming in the July/August timeframe...Result for me - going to wait to start a Klingon until those are in so I can get the full experience of Klingon PvE.

I have a feeling I'm not the only oerson with this mindset. I know for a fact all the PvP centiric folks in my Fleet started Klingons and are looking forward to the PvP queue system fixes. So, at this time, I think it's just a fact that the current 'crop' of Klingons are more PvP centtric, and thus have:

a) Power-leveled their Klingon faction character to max level (not hard to do for anyone in STO)
b) Not much interest in PvE.

That said, I think when the episodes are added; and people with my mindset start playing Klingons, you'll get an influx of more 'group' or 'PvE' minded klingon faction players. I'm sure there are a few like that playing Klingons now; but their just not common enough yet to make PUGing easily available - but after the Season 2 update, that should change for the 'better'.

I know that when I decide to PvE up a klingon, I'll make use of all the PvE out there for klingons, including Fleet Actions (although honestly the Crystiline Entity one just plan blows, period. )
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
It is not (although you'll never get me to divulge which is. )
That's easy - General Discussion, aka "a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs"

PS: 3 words, Kestrel: "Loot the Planet"
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Quote:
What is the vision for Klingons? Players really don't know where Klingons are headed in the long run. Are Klingons intended to have content parity with the Federation at some point in the future, or is the long range plan such that Klingons will always have less content? (Content parity doesn't mean equal amounts of everyting, the "PvP faction" might have more PvP content but less PvE.)

To say without quantifying anything that Klingons will get more PvE means very little. If the Feds also get more PvE, and if they get more than the Klingons get, then the gap between factions widens. That is what has happened since release and what the engineering reports forecast for the next couple of months. For every item the Klingons get it seems the Feds get 3 or 4.

Has Cryptic done a side by side comparison of Fed and Klngon content (PvP + PvE + customization or however y'all count it)? Have they ballparked the amouint of work it would take to even things up, or to at least close the content gap by 1/2? Is there a commitment from Cryptic to close the content gap? If so how quickly and in what areas?

In a world of limited resources the development of faction specific content is a zero-sum game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
How about actual proper episodes like we have on the fed side, klingon style of course, but will we have anything like that in Season 2?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-14-2010, 04:55 AM
I said it before (in another post) and I will say it agian....once my new lap top shows up monday Im going to cancle my account for this and just Play Empire Total War. I will wait tell Aug or July for the addition stuff for the Klings to come out.....no point in me paying when I don't hardly play anymore.