Lt. Commander
If I recall correctly, BoP's have an interesting design with their wings. During non-combat flight, they are up and look more like a gliding bird, but when they power up weapons, they drop their wings to what's currently seen in the game.

I think it might be a nice touch to have this incorporated into the game. During sector space, the model could be in flight mode and in a system it could be in fight mode. Or at least give us the option to set it in the ship customizing window.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I like this idea, sadly i'm afraid it will be at the near bottom of things to get done by the devs, considering all the other major work this faction needs, but i'd love to have that option.
Lt. Commander
# 3 x-foils
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey like lock X- foils in attack position when i fight tie fighters. woo incoporate star wars in this game, jedis vs phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2010, 01:31 AM
BoP ships have been shown to fight with the wings in the up position. I vividly recall some TNG episodes with BoP's decloaking, wings up, and firing.

Still, movable or customizable wings for BoP's would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2010, 02:08 AM
devs said they cant do it right now. something about not having anything in place to allow variable ship models
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Heh... it's not like they're going to be doing much for this faction, going by the list of Calendar events they posted. The Feds will continue to get all the attention, while Cryptic has the lonely Gimp working in the basement toiling on the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkoo-Zirkoo
Hey like lock X- foils in attack position when i fight tie fighters. woo incoporate star wars in this game, jedis vs phasers.
Heh, it's not a star wars thing. Proof: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Klingon_Bird-of-Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryAlpha
The bulk of the ship's overall mass was incorporated in the aft section of the ship. The bridge module was located on a bulbous forward section, which was separated from the aft section by a relatively thin connective section that attached to and flared into the aft portion, which swept from the main body, forming wings. The wing-design was characterized by its multi-positioning for various flight modes.
At the very least, get the models in for different wing positions now as a customizing feature. Then they can work on incorporating the variable models. I just find it very bland to have all BoP's with Wings down.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, Starfleet Academy had this feature more then 10 years ago, and the BoP wasnt even a player ship there, it was just available if you generatet missions yourself.
So it CANT be that hard.

Anyway: I liked the liftet wings, like it was shown almost everytime in TNG much better then the "normal" position, but i thing it would just look good with the original models, not with the "new" bop-versions of cryptic.

Wich takes me to the next point: a GOOD scaled version of the original BoP for higher tiers would be amazing, i'd even buy it from c store. (but with GOOD im mean "not as crapy as the tier 1", they should give a little efford into that. I mean i thing I played every game ever existed where the Klingon BoP exists, and even the one in the above mentioned 10 yeras old "Starfleet Academy" looked much better than that. I admit the new models wich where orininally in the game [not this ugly crap they addet with season 1!!!!!!!!!!!!] looked kind of nice but they are not a "Klingon Bird of Prey"
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well, Starfleet Academy had this feature more then 10 years ago, and the BoP wasnt even a player ship there, it was just available if you generatet missions yourself.
So it CANT be that hard.
I hate when people use this argument for anything in a game. Game X has Y so Game Z can also have Y.

Its an entirely different game running on an entirely different game engine. You cant swap parts with other games as if they were a machine, STO and SFA have entirely different code, it requires them to find a way to include this feature starting from scratch. Still I hope they find a way to implement moving wings, maybe we will get movable nacelles on the Intrepid class as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
devs said they cant do it right now. something about not having anything in place to allow variable ship models
I heard they were too busy making Federation tennis shoes for the C-store.