Lt. Commander
# 1 1v1???
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Just like to throw in my 2 cents and say I think it would be cool to see a one vs one pvp where you could have a random opponent of same lvl or challenge a specific person... would be fun to challenge your friends or also for training purposes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
yes a "request duel" in the right click menu would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
I would also love to see this
but it would have to have some limitations as
you would have admirals trying to fight ensigns
which would be a unfair fight
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I see where your coming from but at the same time I think theere are some captains who might be able to take an admiral based on skill level, the instance would have to be approved by both players also for training purposes if you were testing different weapon loadouts on lower classes an admiral could go in with a lower level to be a static target. I would like to see it w/o level limitations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakuzma View Post
I would also love to see this
but it would have to have some limitations as
you would have admirals trying to fight ensigns
which would be a unfair fight
Ensign clicks no on the "blah (43) has challenged you do a duel. Do you accept?" pop up box

I think the ability to duel would be nice for people messing around, as well as to test things.

Would not want to see any leveling or quest support tied to it however. Shouldn't count for things like "good day to die" and such.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Fine, just as long as there is an option to ignore all duel requests for those that do not want to be pestered by kiddies all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Fine, just as long as there is an option to ignore all duel requests for those that do not want to be pestered by kiddies all the time.
indeed, the command should of course come with some limitations like :
a) a checkbox in options to ignore all duel requests for those that feel bothered by it.
b) the request dialog box should maybe mention the level of the requester, to make it easier to choose.
c) the ignore list should be respected by it, as in someone that i have on my ignore list shouldn't be able to cause a message box to me.
d) there should be some cooldown to requests, i.e. can only request one each 30 seconds or so, to avoid people spam/abusing this feature to annoy others.
e) it should be disabled in pvp maps imo, to avoid requests mid fight as distraction.

I'd rather not have level restrictions on it tho. Awesome would be if that also works on bridges to have duels in a more private space. Also a nice bonus option would be to have a second duel-mode that includes boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
Ensign clicks no on the "blah (43) has challenged you do a duel. Do you accept?" pop up box

I think the ability to duel would be nice for people messing around, as well as to test things.

Would not want to see any leveling or quest support tied to it however. Shouldn't count for things like "good day to die" and such.

Some ensigns.. or those new to the whole thing, would not know any better. Srs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I just read in the latest Ask Cryptic that it's something they want to do.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
I just read in the latest Ask Cryptic that it's something they want to do.
wow you just made me when you said that