Lt. Commander
I was thinking why a majoirity of feds seem weaker in space combat, Yet others seem to do great. Do most of you split points into Ground and Space since you do alot of PvE missions? Or do you specialize your toons between the 2? This may be why the Klingons seem OPed most Klingons I talk to dont have any points in ground combat unless its their ground PvP toon.

I think if you do a ground mission it gives you ground based skill points, and vise versa. And cap the 2 approprietly so specialized play styles can still exist.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Meh. You can spend about 9 points a tier and be pretty good at one type of ground combat, without sacrificing much in the way of space. Especially if you're gaining trainable space skills in the process. (I.E. scientist->science team III). And you can do all your pvp on one character. (I spend a lot of time in this game, but I don't have time or the inclination to level up a ground-specific and space-specific character.)

I'm doing medic/space support spec, maybe it's harder for other specs, I don't know. But I don't think my score would be that much higher if I had no ground skills. And it would certainly be much lower in ground without the associated skills. (And, you know, a much lower effectiveness, as my patients would die instead of surviving just long enough to get another heal/hypo.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
I was thinking why a majoirity of feds seem weaker in space combat, Yet others seem to do great. Do most of you split points into Ground and Space since you do alot of PvE missions? Or do you specialize your toons between the 2? This may be why the Klingons seem OPed most Klingons I talk to dont have any points in ground combat unless its their ground PvP toon.
Considering how "the average fed" plays in ground combat i almost doubt that the majority of them put much (or even any) points in ground skills. I may be wrong
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I know I didn't put too many points in ground stats on my Fed. I just don't like the ground combat nearly as much as I like space so I avoid it whenever I can.