Lt. Commander
# 1 Gamepad play?
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I noticed that there is rumble support in the control setup. I was curious if there were plans to add the ability to play with a pc gamepad. Btw this game is awesome so far, keep up the great work.
I have a logitech gamepad that has 16 buttons and the joysticks on it. It would be sweet to use it with this game. Although i will admit this game is awesome without it. Just thought i would throw that into the mix as far as controls go. If im repeating a previous thread post i apologize i missed it.
Keep up the great work, back to playing STO now......have fun ^^.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-25-2010, 07:30 AM
there is a way to use the gamepad, but it involves either editing game config files or typing so many /bind so an so to so an so that its a pain in the arse... my computer picks up my xbox360 controller just fine yet STO just looks at it and drools on itself...

love the game heck paid for lifetime sub.. but its so frustrating to play not to mention painful with no auto fire (fixed next patch i hope unless they break it ) i just can't bring myself to play lately.. hopefully they fix some of the more annoying aspects like zero support for xbox360 controller soon .. i shouldn't have to download programs to let windows tell sto how to press b
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I would love to get some unorthodox keypad to bind UI controls to...the standard keyboard I find lacking to bind this games controls to...plus I tend to base from the right side of the board with the keypad rather than the standard left-side WASD setup..
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2010, 06:15 AM
definatly needs more control options, would love seeing native 360 support even crap games like arma 2 have native 360 controller support.. and they can't even make a training mission work right

come on devs... it can't be that hard to do, give us more control/controller options